Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Masks are a conformity test. Nothing more.

I expected a better response. Maybe you aren't as intelligent as Raev suggests

Clearly there is a partisan divide with masks and their effectiveness at stopping the spread of Covid. This is textbook Hegelian Dialectic. Governments have been using the pandemic as a massive power grab and they don't plan on giving that power back (Look at Oregon)

Instead of providing a large random clinical trial that proves masks stop the spread of Covid or even Influenza, you created a strawmen attacking the credibility of the original link. That solves the problem of you actually having to provide any evidence masks do something

You also severely handicapped your own credibility by tossing out lazy links from Politifact, Rolling Stone, Wikipedia and even invoking The Koch brothers like they are akin to Hitler or something. It's absurd. If anyone has a credibility problem it's you.

If I'm wrong, provide the evidence masks work. Currently, there is no consensus that they really do anything, especially the vast majority of masks people are wearing (including home made masks)

As I stated before, medicine (like everything else lefties get their dirty hands on) has become political, so any source that contradicts the face diaper/lock down narrative becomes CNN vs Fox News. That's really all your doing. Disguising a political argument as a medical argument.
Are you seriously just now realizing there is a partisan divide in terms of Republicans' preference for party-vetted ideologues over internationally recognized experts with decades of experience like Fauci?

I guess it's not particularly surprising considering your pathetic attempts to defend the Koch brothers and Fox News in the same post.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2021, 03:07 PM
Banned

Lol when you dont wear a mask then cry about how nobody wants to deal with your stupid ass. You cant buy or sell without the mark of the beast, remember?

Weird how they got rid of the vaccine passport for the average man. If you want to go hang with the republican donors, go to a republican event, you have to have the passport and prove you've had the vaccine. That should tell you everything. Its no consequence to them if you die, fuck you. If their donors die, thats a problem. You're just a little vote. The more people that die the better it is for republicans anyways. Less people, less votes.

Now why would they do that if its evil communist terrorism and against jesus and all that??

Google it.
https://www.newsweek.com/gop-florida...sports-1581489

Thats just the top one of 100,000 pages saying it. Must be qanon and al Qaeda or something tricking everyone.
Last edited by Gravydoo II; 04-19-2021 at 03:10 PM..
Old 04-19-2021, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Masks are a conformity test. Nothing more.

I expected a better response. Maybe you aren't as intelligent as Raev suggests

Clearly there is a partisan divide with masks and their effectiveness at stopping the spread of Covid. This is textbook Hegelian Dialectic. Governments have been using the pandemic as a massive power grab and they don't plan on giving that power back (Look at Oregon)

Instead of providing a large random clinical trial that proves masks stop the spread of Covid or even Influenza, you created a strawmen attacking the credibility of the original link. That solves the problem of you actually having to provide any evidence masks do something

You also severely handicapped your own credibility by tossing out lazy links from Politifact, Rolling Stone, Wikipedia and even invoking The Koch brothers like they are akin to Hitler or something. It's absurd. If anyone has a credibility problem it's you.

If I'm wrong, provide the evidence masks work. Currently, there is no consensus that they really do anything, especially the vast majority of masks people are wearing (including home made masks)

As I stated before, medicine (like everything else lefties get their dirty hands on) has become political, so any source that contradicts the face diaper/lock down narrative becomes CNN vs Fox News. That's really all your doing. Disguising a political argument as a medical argument.
So, it's reasonable to assume, you didn't read the Rolling Stone article. In it are details revolving around the father of the Koch brothers and how he conducted business with Stalin (albeit with some reluctance later), who is akin to Hitler or something. This isn't absurd. If anyone has a credibility problem, it's the Koch brothers. In the other link, Charles Koch even admitted "boy, did we really screw up" which was the larger point being made.

Please name sources that you would consider to be credible. Also, unless I missed a post somewhere, you still have yet to name any of those scientists you alluded to earlier; doing so would help your credibility.

If medicine has become political, as you say, than all governments with conflicting ideologies would actually be collaborating in secret against their citizens, using the need for masks and vaccines as opportunity to control. If that is what you're arguing than it begs the question: Is the earth flat? Or better yet, do vaccines cause autism?

Quote:
Everything is political or at least can be construed as being politically motivated. Basically I could make a similar argument and say that all you're really doing is pushing postmodernist views while claiming to be scientific, with no credible evidence to back that claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQA0e0UYzI

I already provided a link earlier which demonstrated the effectiveness of mask use long before the topic became so contentious, though I have not had the opportunity to doublecheck all of the evidence associated with it. That's still better than what you've offered which leads into one final point.

Using big words won't win the argument, not with me at least. Hegelian Dialectic? We aren't reenacting the scene from Good Will Hunting. This isn't a bar and there aren't any girls around to try and impress.
Last edited by Ennewi; 04-19-2021 at 03:40 PM..
Old 04-19-2021, 03:26 PM
Banned

"The left makes everything political" someone roll that beautiful bean footage of republicans making literally any and everything political. Including nascar, people silently kneeling, ellen, coffee makers, burning your shoes you already paid for... uhh what else. Assaulting the capitol then denying it and making your position on what your eyes saw and what republicans are saying is now political.

Political correctness means "this is what is right according to my party" not to reality. The right wing is suffering from soviet style political correctness. If you say something like "man made climate change is real and sea levels are rising" you cannot be a republican. Its not politically correct, according to their party.

Its so sad, they dont even know it. They think it means "this is what is socially acceptable" because they make everything political. Dr suess is now political. Masks are political. Believing in the study of reality, science, is now political cause of you idiots. Vaccines are political. Abortions are political. Shit that has nothing to do with you, at all. You made it political, even though no government money is spent on it.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believing in the study of reality, science, is now political cause of you idiots. Vaccines are political. Abortions are political. Shit that has nothing to do with you, at all. You made it political, even though no government money is spent on it.
In what altered reality are you living that no government money funded any of this type of stuff? Literally all of it has government money involved. The government spent $2.5 billion alone to help develop and buy the Moderna vaccine.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

oh shit so there ARE moderations on these forums.
Since these trolls collect the post count, we got something to work with, now.

Also, masks are apolitical.
Science says they help.

You know, stop putting all of your faith in science to find technological fix to solve climate change and everything if you can't even handle simple scientific facts like wear a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TK- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In what altered reality are you living that no government money funded any of this type of stuff? Literally all of it has government money involved. The government spent $2.5 billion alone to help develop and buy the Moderna vaccine.
Dude, you missed the point but just to eb clear, 2.5 billion is for both helping to develop the vaccine and buy doses.
"All in all, U.S. agencies committed about $2.5 billion to help develop Moderna’s vaccine and buy doses, according to the New York Times. "

"Moderna and NIAID had already been working on mRNA vaccines, with an agreement in place, when the coronavirus came along.

"The agreement consisted of some level of funding from Moderna to the NIH, along with a roadmap for NIAID and Moderna investigators to collaborate on basic research into mRNA vaccines and eventually development of such a vaccine," the Harvard article states. "Such agreements are not unusual for government agencies in general or the NIH in particular."
Last edited by Byue; 04-19-2021 at 03:48 PM..
Old 04-19-2021, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Help me daddy, heeeelllp me
Old 04-19-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Considering I've been banned for like a third of this account's existence, there are definitely moderators on these forums.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering I've been banned for like a third of this account's existence, there are definitely moderators on these forums.
And I'm glad I now know how to report these!