Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

just join one of the top end guilds and do it at your own pace
dkp is extremely easy to earn, its just important that you pick a guild whos currently dominating and swap when the tides turn
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-18-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

These guild discussions are like z-boiz discussing the american economy and how they can never get ahead. Meanwhile someone who puts money in a roth IRA the day they get old enough to work and a 401k the day they get a job that offers one will guaranteed have millions by their 40's if they start early enough.

The only exception is the entire global pax americana being totally upended and all of us trading all of our possesions for shovels and starving to death which is the equivilent of the server being shut down.

So just assume the server will persist, and invest in your character at the level that you can. You will get good pixels and if you stick with it you can start getting BIS pixels.

In real life, assume the united states will persist, and invest in your future wealth at a level that you can. You will end up with a surprising amount of money if you start saving for the future today. Even if you're 30 now. The time to start being smart is immediately, no matter when it happens.

Your alternative is to join no guild, and never have anything because you were afraid your DKP would go to waste. Killing raid bosses should be fun until you've done them all a thousand times. Its still fun for me because I've done so few of them.

Once it becomes a job you can re-assess the entertainment value of working for pixels to juice up your character...especially on PVE server where BIS does basically nothing for you.

Good luck
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-18-2021, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

This is what the OP actually asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arislyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a level 60 shaman with all of my spells, epic and don't really have an active guild currently. Do I have a realistic chance at finding a guild where I can get a Vindi BP and SS armor? If so, who is out there? I know my question is somewhat cringe. Thanks in advance.

NFI what you are all talking about. Any guild who occasionally (let alone farms) vindi can do this. Same goes for SS armor. I bought paid plat for all my MQ'ed SS to save the dkps. Riot and Vanquish, sure can get a vindi bp that way. Join Kittens, Dawn Believers, Lighthouse & Co and put in some time you will get this stuff easily. I'm casual raider AF and got this handled, so can the OP.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at all. You can casually raid and get gear over a longer period of time. Yes, there is a risk of a guild disbanding, but that risk is always there, regardless of how many raids you attend. Getting a Vindi BP casually is certainly doable in a guild.
Especially when talking about SS (sometimes even Kael) armor. It's VERY much an attainable goal for all but the most-casual level 60. And if you're a Shaman with your Epic and a full spellbook you're definitely not in that group.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Vindi bp is cheap, like 100ish dkp in riot. Which you could earn in a weekend of raiding. /Nod