Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My big gripe about pop mostly is we don't ally with our gods and quest for them and everything is in pop.

My wizard worships errollisi. She was kos to the armor suit golems in halls of honor. Now she's kos to everything there cuz they attacked her and her Goddesses partner, whatever is now a loot pinata. I ran around invis and hailed some of the named npcs b4 the golems wrecked my faction. They don't say anything...

There's tons of stuff like this it's obvious every expansion was really ambitious but the board of investors, cfo, producers had to pull the plug on development at the last month and quick itemization and named mobs were hacked in to get a release.

As much as ppl bitch about blizzard, and as much as they have come from the opposite direction, being skimpy on art and heavy handed with itemization and loot piņatas, they actually did way better than SoE in the coherent storyline and thematic faction department.

It's quite obvious Seru, and Tsaph r both vampires. Bertoxxulous should have had us corrupting and toppling a city in his own expansion. And Sol Ro should have sent us back in time to stop the combine empire from defeating The Rathe Council, etc... that got shelved and handed to whoever is the big boss of the plane of Discord in SoD, etc..

Anyway There's plenty of scraps left behind and great stuff to infer, and I personally think 2 expansions back should definitely just be soloable. There's no point in those expansions dying and falling into oblivion within two years. Expscs are like $80 bucks, definitely should get at least 5 years out of them, 1 year for the mmo competition. And then let the casual scum see them.

On live most people didn't even see the elemental planes until late into OoW.
Idk. I sorta see now why SoE sold the IP. They probably kept losing developers and writers cuz SoE didn't repect the point and spirit of MMOs, let alone rpgs...like I'm not even saying the big boss was evil, just they had this multi million dollar corporation breathing down their neck and had to make do... rather than release 1 really amazing expansion every 3-4 years.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:59 PM
Kobold

SoE never sold the IP, their company just branched off from Sony, was bought and controlled by an investment group, and sold to a holding company recently. Darkpaw Studios is still part of the 'SoE'/Daybreak nucleus that holds the IP along with Planetside 2, DCO ect. This is much in the same way how Verant was part of 989 Studios (SoE) from the start but branched off in case EQ1 turned out to be a failure at launch.

I honestly don't think the franchise was worth much hence why it was sold to an Eastern European investor rather than being acquired from a credible publisher in the game industry. The recent worth of DBG as a whole was $300 million which is pretty low when you combine all of the MMO ip's they have acquired for publishing rights.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My big gripe about pop mostly is we don't ally with our gods and quest for them and everything is in pop.

My wizard worships errollisi. She was kos to the armor suit golems in halls of honor. Now she's kos to everything there cuz they attacked her and her Goddesses partner, whatever is now a loot pinata. I ran around invis and hailed some of the named npcs b4 the golems wrecked my faction. They don't say anything...

There's tons of stuff like this it's obvious every expansion was really ambitious but the board of investors, cfo, producers had to pull the plug on development at the last month and quick itemization and named mobs were hacked in to get a release.

As much as ppl bitch about blizzard, and as much as they have come from the opposite direction, being skimpy on art and heavy handed with itemization and loot piņatas, they actually did way better than SoE in the coherent storyline and thematic faction department.

It's quite obvious Seru, and Tsaph r both vampires. Bertoxxulous should have had us corrupting and toppling a city in his own expansion. And Sol Ro should have sent us back in time to stop the combine empire from defeating The Rathe Council, etc... that got shelved and handed to whoever is the big boss of the plane of Discord in SoD, etc..

Anyway There's plenty of scraps left behind and great stuff to infer, and I personally think 2 expansions back should definitely just be soloable. There's no point in those expansions dying and falling into oblivion within two years. Expscs are like $80 bucks, definitely should get at least 5 years out of them, 1 year for the mmo competition. And then let the casual scum see them.

On live most people didn't even see the elemental planes until late into OoW.
seru wasnt a vampire, He WAs the archetype of Evil paladin .

Nothing beats being a MM paladin back on pop and ur guild first kill on plane of valor b ends with you gettin the kill shot.While allready having The Betrayer tittle
Closed Thread