Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Default Why is PoM part of a raid ban?

Q23: What exactly is off limits during a Raid Suspension?
A: Anything that has an FTE message and/or is considered more than one group content is a no (except Guardian Kozzalym, Master Yael, Verina Tomb, Vessel Drozlin, Lodizal, and Ragefire), no planes, no VP, no ToV, no ST, no Ringwar.

People are bound in PoM. People solo or single group all the content. There are no raid targets. There really needs to be an exception for PoM like there is for Guardian Kozzalym, Master Yael, Verina Tomb, Vessel Drozlin, Lodizal, and Ragefire.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Because people get CotH'd to PoM thru ToV. The inclusion is to prevent people from loitering, tracking or interfering in ToV under pretense that they were waiting for CotH up to PoM.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:00 PM
Banned

Because if you're raid banned you don't deserve to play in PoM.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Because Sirken
Old 04-24-2020, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because people get CotH'd to PoM thru ToV. The inclusion is to prevent people from loitering, tracking or interfering in ToV under pretense that they were waiting for CotH up to PoM.
This
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure how that applies. Being allowed in PoM wouldn't allow you in ToV. I accept that the situation is what it is. I am just trying to honestly understand the underlying logic behind banning card farming and leveling in a non-raid zone for characters bound or camped out in PoM. How is that logically connected to raiding?
Old 04-24-2020, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It does seem like they could easily ban raiders from using ToV, while still allowing them access to PoM (if already there, or bound there). If the staff's logic was purely to prevent raiders from raiding, why ban raiders from going from any non-raid zone to any other?

I'd think it would make more sense for their motives to be punitive in some sense. Maybe "PoM is a perk for people who clear ToV (*corrected) and the people they feel like CotHing ... the non-raiders CotH-ed in didn't break the rules, so they stay, but all the raiders lose the raid privilege of the zone."

But look, even if the reason is literally just that it would be a minor hassle for the staff to have to type "The Planes (but not Mischief)" ... I'm 100% ok with that personally! We're talking about the people that volunteer their time to catch the cheaters, so that the rest of us can have a cheat-free (not to mention actually free) game!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-24-2020 at 08:37 PM..
Old 04-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Banned

What does HoT have to do with PoM?
Old 04-24-2020, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

First hand seen Ntov raids wipe because COTH to PoM caused drakes to flip out.

Also people on alts without guild tag selling COTH to POM

edit: the rule may have been added during sirken's time but it makes sense when you see it in practice.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does HoT have to do with PoM?
Nothing; I mixed acronyms. Fixed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread