Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-10-2020, 09:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Need Help starting the game

Hello everyone, I am brand new to Project 1999 and I just figured out how to install the game and all that, but when I go to launch it says that my file "spells_us" is out of date. Is anyone able to send me a copy of the latest file named "spells_us" and see if I can insert that into my folder.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make sure you are applying the latest patch files which can be found on the Project 1999 Homepage
Old 12-23-2020, 12:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Start by learning a programming language first. You have to communicate what you want to do to the computer in a logical step-by-step way. GBA Emulators for Android That's the only way the computer understands. The choice of programming lang is critical. I suggest 2 languages C or C++ and Python. Use Python if you want to get things done fast, if you have a decent memory and if you don't care about how things work under the hood. If you want your knowledge to scale infinitely and gain a deep understanding of computers use C and then C++. There are so many good tutorials and playlists on the Internet.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

It's cute that they're still allowing trolls to post in the tech support forum after all these years... Kavious is correct, grab the files from the main page and copy / paste them into your EQ directory. If you've not done so already, move your installation out of the default c:\program files xxx directory into somewhere else windows doesn't want to protect, it'll save you a ton of heartache later on.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Last edited by Ashintar; 12-24-2020 at 08:25 PM..
Old 12-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ririya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start by learning a programming language first. You have to communicate what you want to do to the computer in a logical step-by-step way. GBA Emulators for Android That's the only way the computer understands. The choice of programming lang is critical. I suggest 2 languages C or C++ and Python. Use Python if you want to get things done fast, if you have a decent memory and if you don't care about how things work under the hood. If you want your knowledge to scale infinitely and gain a deep understanding of computers use C and then C++. There are so many good tutorials and playlists on the Internet.
lmao

don't listen to this, OP
Old 12-25-2020, 10:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Did you have luck with this?
I tried applying new patch again as well and receive same spell_us error.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Large Bat

Just reinstalled
Got the spell_us error.
Came to the boards for the fix and after grabbing the new patch files, dragging them in, and launching its still giving me the same error.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:55 AM
Kobold

Make sure everquest is not running and then follow the steps below.

1. Download and unzip the latest patch file.
2. Open patch folder to see the many files and folders.
3. Select all of those files and folders.
4. Copy the files and folders using ctrl+c or from the folder menu.
5. Paste the files and folders into your main everquest folder using ctrl+v or from the folder menu.
6. Make sure that you select overwrite/replace files and folders when prompted. If you don't get a prompt then you are in the wrong folder.

You should keep a backup copy of a fresh titanium install folder somewhere. Then make a copy of your everquest folder and place it on your desktop. Update and play the copy on your desktop.
Last edited by Lich; 06-19-2021 at 02:59 AM..