Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly, I had a blast from launch until the summer or so. Those last 3-6 months of classic were painful.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Mandatory Enchanters with charm pets in Hole groups.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

I had a similar experience with Classic WoW.

Very few secrets left. Everything felt like a race to the finish line and I eventually quit because I realized that even if I was in a top guild with top gear I... wasn't having fun. It was a chore because every other nerd knew what I knew and it was simply a matter of time = progress and whoever had the most time was king.

My friends who still play Classic WoW all played casually. They now have much better gear than I ever had because they unlike me had fun and therefore kept playing.

With green I never had this problem. I didn't play green to be the best. I play casually and in my own pace. Liking it still, just wish I had picked a better class xD
Old 05-13-2021, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God damn amen dude. Everybody here acting like they can't get that classic experience, yet it's this community's own damn fault for the issues we experience today..

-300+ folks attending a raid to kill 1 dragon
-Min Maxing every single fucking thing
-Not going anywhere outside of the highest ZEM zones
-Even then, lets just CotH to the camp
-Folks at a camp for over 24 hours is pretty normal
-Living on discord cause no life
-Needing a port to get 1 zone over is a standard
Yeah the general population in this game is a joke. I cant tell you how many times people are handing over 50-100 plat to go from Lavastorm to West Commons. That's like a 5 minute run lol.

Honestly though, I'm glad they all stay in unrest. That means befallen, najena, solusek's eye, etc are all free for the taking. Nothing more fun than going to a dungeon I haven't explored in years and getting a group started.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the general population in this game is a joke. I cant tell you how many times people are handing over 50-100 plat to go from Lavastorm to West Commons. That's like a 5 minute run lol.

Honestly though, I'm glad they all stay in unrest. That means befallen, najena, solusek's eye, etc are all free for the taking. Nothing more fun than going to a dungeon I haven't explored in years and getting a group started.
100% brotha. 100%.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:26 PM
Banned

green attracted too many TLP players
Old 05-13-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I relate to this. Idk if for the same reasons, but I definitely lost all my interest in eq after green launch. Something about the overall vibe of the player base really turned me off. It was very ugly and self serving. I even got caught up in it for a moment and really had to start evaluating my life and my time spent. Ultimately decided to just take a break. Kinda looking forward to mischief so we will see if that reinvigorates my interest in EQ.

P.s. StrongNpretty were still due a exp sesh bro!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-13-2021, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I relate to this. Idk if for the same reasons, but I definitely lost all my interest in eq after green launch. Something about the overall vibe of the player base really turned me off. It was very ugly and self serving. I even got caught up in it for a moment and really had to start evaluating my life and my time spent. Ultimately decided to just take a break. Kinda looking forward to mischief so we will see if that reinvigorates my interest in EQ.

P.s. StrongNpretty were still due a exp sesh bro!
Evia, you awesome son of a gun- We sure do need a sess soon! You should see me online over the next couple days!!! I'm expecting /tell followed up with an adventure!
Old 05-13-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Xezn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to love this server and would play it in between TLP on and off throughout the years.
I'm not trying to troll you but something doesn't add up with the things you said.

I thought green's launch was one of the biggest and best highlights of the server. People were doing content and grouping like crazy. even the worst magic items were selling for some plat value.

I understand what you mean by 'experimental changes'. There was and are things that are not classic plain and simple. This didn't start with the launch of green however. Such as the first month of kunark with no quest exp, nerfing wort pots, nerfing clickies.

Hill giants were Fixed not nerfed, I want that to be clear. I know that change upset alot of people but they actually made it more classic.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xezn

I'm not trying to troll you but something doesn't add up with the things you said.

I thought green's launch was one of the biggest and best highlights of the server. People were doing content and grouping like crazy. even the worst magic items were selling for some plat value.

I understand what you mean by 'experimental changes'. There was and are things that are not classic plain and simple. This didn't start with the launch of green however. Such as the first month of kunark with no quest exp, nerfing wort pots, nerfing clickies.

Hill giants were Fixed not nerfed, I want that to be clear. I know that change upset alot of people but they actually made it more classic.
I am pretty sure /list was planned from day 1.
Closed Thread