Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 03:15 AM
Aviak

Cool Groi Gutblade Question.

I was told very recently that Groi Gutblade is a First To Engage mob.

I, and all other players I have come across in South Karana over many years, follow the /OOC message 'Spawning Groi. Please don't kill him' (or similar) notice and all players in the zone respect that players intention.

MY question is: Is Groi Gutblade a camp or FTE?
Old 06-06-2021, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

FTE

Only way something like that becomes a camp is if you can place people on all the possible spawn locations
Old 06-06-2021, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

He is FTE, but there is nothing wring with politely requesting other players don’t engage should you be actively trying to spawn him (but others need not comply).

The rules are just a minimum standard for behaviour.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 06-06-2021, 04:11 AM
Sarnak

Groi has many (many) possible spawn points so he is a FTE mob. I've had many times where I have been camping him along with a few others and the first to tag gets him.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:34 AM
Aviak

So after politely notifying the zone of your intentions you then have to rely on the good manners of your fellow players, and we all know that not all have any manners.
Don't like it but OK.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokchop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So after politely notifying the zone of your intentions you then have to rely on the good manners of your fellow players, and we all know that not all have any manners.
Don't like it but OK.
If you are pessimistic about people not actively looking for him following your notification, you could also try to farm him covertly.

Note, he will make battle with Avians - I can't remember who aggros who though.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Agreeing with previous replies, he falls into that "random spawn location wandering outdoor mob" category which cannot be technically camped, so it is then an FTE mob. That said, it is respected by just about everyone in SK as a camp and I've never seen anyone challenge it.

Recent changes to Groi spawn location put it right in the middle of the Quillmane trigger area so quill farmers are often doubling up and doing both, BUT, if I see someone after Groi while I am doing Quill, I stay out of their way and I never call both camps.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

I like the kidns of players that see those polite OOC's and shout "np!" and then start watching their track.

Im not one of those players.

But those players crack me up.

Even tho they make me want to smash when they steel my injured rats in the sewers.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreeing with previous replies, he falls into that "random spawn location wandering outdoor mob" category which cannot be technically camped, so it is then an FTE mob. That said, it is respected by just about everyone in SK as a camp and I've never seen anyone challenge it.

Recent changes to Groi spawn location put it right in the middle of the Quillmane trigger area so quill farmers are often doubling up and doing both, BUT, if I see someone after Groi while I am doing Quill, I stay out of their way and I never call both camps.
"That said, it is respected by just about everyone in SK as a camp and I've never seen anyone challenge it."

I had never seen the /ooc message challenged before either, which is why I posed the question.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:32 AM
Banned

Lol if someone shadowed you from spawn to spawn on a 6 minute delay.
Closed Thread