Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-15-2021, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Default How do I fix my framerate on my new PC?

Old potato PC died, replaced it with a new mid-range Laptop with the following specs:

i5 10300h quad-core
Geforce GTX1650TI
8GB DDR4 RAM

I've got Titanium installed and P99 is running, but my frame rate isn't as smooth as it was even on my old lemon. I'm only getting about 25-30fps despite getting a constant 60 on my old PC.

What's the deal here? How do I fix this?
Old 06-15-2021, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Is your cpu overclocked? (even in the bios?) If so, turn the overclocking off.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is your cpu overclocked? (even in the bios?) If so, turn the overclocking off.
I don't think so. it says it's running at a speed of 2.50ghz, which is its maximum speed, but it's a laptop being used under default settings. So unless the factory settings are to overclock it by default, it's not being overclocked, and I never enabled it. I'm pretty sure I would be having overheating problems if that were the case.

It says overclocked my processor would be up to 4.5ghz, and it's running at the standard 2.5.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

You could try dgvoodoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the client actually detecting your 2080? Under options > display > advanced does it report the discrete card or your integrated? If the latter, use dgvoodoo2:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...light=dgVoodoo

-Mcoy
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could try dgvoodoo2
Not working, it's not recognizing my card, nor is forcing the card to run in the control panel.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Try wineq 2 /nod

https://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/WinEQ_2
Old 06-15-2021, 01:23 PM
Orc

Open up the Nvidia Control Panel (if you don't have it, install it) and set the setting "Low Latency Mode" to "Ultra" on eqgame.exe. It doesn't sound like it should work, but it's a "thing" on Nvidia cards and it totally does work. Note that you can't go beyond 60fps on p99.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open up the Nvidia Control Panel (if you don't have it, install it) and set the setting "Low Latency Mode" to "Ultra" on eqgame.exe. It doesn't sound like it should work, but it's a "thing" on Nvidia cards and it totally does work. Note that you can't go beyond 60fps on p99.

This helps a lot. You kinda have to manually set stuff up like this for the Titanium client to run right on newer systems. But make sure your GPU drivers are up to date, and proper.. Check your device manager for issues, check how much CPU you are using on idle in task manager.. There might be other issues.

I dunno what it is about laptops but the amount of bloatware they come with is mental.. It is hard to explain how to get rid of this stuff but there are a bunch of tools for getting rid of this crap. GlaryTools I find to be a good one, mix that with some malware bytes etc.. If I had a nickle every time I worked on a Laptop with the only problem being was the bloatware that was purposely dragging it down to make you buy a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old potato PC died
Also this concerns me, by died you mean the PSU went? The HDD? the CPU? The Motherboard? The whole PC won't just die the individual components will but ya..
Last edited by Shawk; 06-15-2021 at 02:19 PM..
Old 06-15-2021, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That actually did help! It's not a solid 60 with no hiccups, but it's a definite improvement, and I can probably live with this. Much appreciated my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This helps a lot. You kinda have to manually set stuff up like this for the Titanium client to run right on newer systems. But make sure your GPU drivers are up to date, and proper.. Check your device manager for issues, check how much CPU you are using on idle in task manager.. There might be other issues.

I dunno what it is about laptops but the amount of bloatware they come with is mental.. It is hard to explain how to get rid of this stuff but there are a bunch of tools for getting rid of this crap. GlaryTools I find to be a good one, mix that with some malware bytes etc.. If I had a nickle every time I worked on a Laptop with the only problem being was the bloatware that was purposely dragging it down to make you buy a new one.

Also this concerns me, by died you mean the PSU went? The HDD? the CPU? The Motherboard? The whole PC won't just die the individual components will but ya..
My harddrive died, and it had the operating system on it, so the PC could not boot up at all. Replacing it would've been a pain in the ass since it's an old slim model with half brackets. Just installing a video card in that thing was a nightmare.

It was 10 years old so I was due for an upgrade anyway, and for $977 I'm not disappointed with my new laptop. It's not top of the line, but it can hold it's own.

https://www.target.com/p/hp-16-a0035...68#lnk=sametab

About the only bad thing about it is the low HD space, but I plan to install a bigger one later on and double up the RAM, then it should last me a good 4 or 5 years.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-15-2021 at 07:33 PM..
Old 06-15-2021, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

Fair enough. Yeah that Laptop is plenty for P99, should do it easy at 60FPS but still, you gotta do some optimization for a solid 60fps but should do it..

1050 ti is decent but no where near a 1060 for example, just to keep in mind..

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-Mobile/3639vsm223242