Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 11:23 PM
Banned

Default So, I decided wizards are actually the most powerful class.

Like. Rp wise. It's 100% wizard.

I played a necromancer and wizard both to 50 on several servers recently, red, and green, and takp. As well as the cleric.

Officially the necromancer rly did level the fastest cuz lich, pet, and lifetap. Plus FD, but it was REALLY close to wizard. Like super close. Despite the wizard having more downtime. The necromancer needed to run around more. Needed to level in a zone with a Zem. Had more deaths etc..

Where as the wizard had a ton more downtime. But actual necessary time doing stuff at the computer, was like 1/3rd the time necromancer had to do things.

The wizard pretty much just had to stand up and blast some mob outdoors and gate to a safe spot, afk. Then go again, and at lvl 34 since I picked erudite that was instantly 4 mobs.

It's a looootttt easier to root/snare and do than it is to fear kite, or fd, mez, fear, or charm, just to get like 125% or .2 more efficiency than that afk wiz. I spent a lot of time sitting around at full mana anyway on necromancer. And basically having to either buy a port to ec, or run there defeated all that extra xp or loot i was getting.

My wiz spent a lot of time at that inn near the WK spire after exploding several mobs and was able to instantly gate back to their camp and instantly kill some mobs without having to even bother with setting up. After tabbing out or whatever.

Literally could root 4 mobs, nuke one. Port. Med, gate back, root 3 mobs, nuke 1, port, med, gate, root 2... and camps where easily split lol.

Of course mobs with like 5k hp get problematic, but like soloing FGs is a huge chore anyway. Just wiz it up and buy that crown and boots. It'll happen way faster.

And you'll have less mmo psychosis. A lot less. From being essentially chained to the keyboard without being able to go pee.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

You type like recondojoe
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 06-17-2021, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You type like recondojoe

Maybe it's a brain dmg or physiology idk why there's such synchronicity.

Starkind swears to you on Starkinds integrity and honor, that aside from Starkind being Starkind, and a wizardess IRL, the universe vast, infinite, and encompassing all of Starkind. Starkind is definitely not RecondoJoe, but it's possible RecondoJoe is Starkind.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

I wish wizards got c instead of chanters 8(
Old 06-17-2021, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish wizards got c instead of chanters 8(
I've always thought this would have been such an incredible change.

That and druid/ranger/mage DS preventing the amount of damage that it reflects; 3 classes that really needed that extra utility in high lvl xp group content and would make druids a viable alternate to shaman for that support spot.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You type like recondojoe
Old 06-17-2021, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

how does the ignore function work on the forums?
Old 06-17-2021, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlankyLanky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does the ignore function work on the forums?
Click on their username, go to view public profile, go to user lists dropdown just below their name at the top, select add to ignore list
Old 06-17-2021, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Click on their username, go to view public profile, go to user lists dropdown just below their name at the top, select add to ignore list
ty much!
Old 06-17-2021, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

I like wizards too. Very fun class. Like most classes they can do a lot more than they get credit for.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread