Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

I like the time warp idea, I’d probably like it implemented as a targeted rain. Instead of doing waves of damage it would proc a short duration stun/snare/slow debuff.

I like the idea of the target snapping back in sync, so make the debuff fragile like mez (the effect fades from the target if they get hit for damage).

Re what wizards do in groups? I found they work best ensuring pulls are smooth, adds are managed and the main target stays on the tank.

Makes a group smoother than dumping 1k mana to do 5k damage in 10 seconds then go afk every 5 minutes.
Last edited by Jimjam; 06-18-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am maining a wizard right now, made it to level 45 which is where my other best attempt (a mage) is also at. Rerolled on Green about 50 times, including some other attempts at wizard, before finally managing to stick with this one.

I don't know what the future is going to hold but I am honestly having a lot of fun right now. Felt godlike once I got my snare, jboots and staff of tempflux. Killed my first ice giant ever last night. I do like the fact that I can just dump my mana and go AFK for a bit in the span of minutes. Thank goodness for Netflix, Hulu and YouTube. xD

Ports too are another matter. I was surprised at how much people value them. Honestly figured folks would clamor more for druid ones given their ability to send them on their way with a SoW. But I have ported a lot with this wizard and I genuinely feel useful doing so.

The one downside to the class in my experience is their lack of group desirability. I honestly haven't been asked to come to one dungeon in all my 45 levels thus far. It did make the Tempflux staff quest hard and I had to cheat with my retired mage to get that done. As someone who would like to one day see what some of the higher end dungeons look like (Hole, LGuk, SolB, Sebilis, etc) that is a genuine concern. But on the plus side, they are highly desired for raids, so maybe I could just one day get decked out in raid gear and go explore SolB on my own with that, lol.

But all in all I think I made the right choice. I'm taking this wizard as far as I can.
Hit me up on my SK Valessar once I get in the 40's and I'd be happy to group with you in Lguk, Sol B, deep Kaesora, Dalnir, etc. My gear means I do pretty well soloing in these places but I usually pick up whatever lfg's or soloers I find and make ad hoc groups. If you're on blue, that is

Classic EQ was never about the most efficient comp, it was about picking up whoever was LFG next to you lol. But wizards are among my favorite leveling companions when I make an alt. It's so nice to be able to jet off to explore a far flung dungeon and easily replace group members once there. They are also good at controlling casters with their stuns and burning down bad pulls.
Last edited by Lune; 06-18-2021 at 02:05 PM..
Old 06-18-2021, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the time warp idea, I’d probably like it implemented as a targeted rain. Instead of doing waves of damage it would proc a short duration stun/snare/slow debuff.

I like the idea of the target snapping back in sync, so make the debuff fragile like mez (the effect fades from the target if they get hit for damage).

Re what wizards do in groups? I found they work best ensuring pulls are smooth, adds are managed and the main target stays on the tank.

Makes a group smoother than dumping 1k mana to do 5k damage in 10 seconds then go afk every 5 minutes.
that would be a cool rain spell idea, like it would be a little aoe short duration superslow/mez in groups with adds, I like that!
Old 06-18-2021, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be mysterious....

Also, what do enchanters do besides charm things?
What do rogues do besides attack things
What do warriors sks and paladins do besids get hit by things?

I mean...I'm not sure if seriously.
Well, Enchanters give clarity and make materials for jewelry.
Rogues pick locks and pockets.
Paladins can make decent healers and they can rez.

The other two, you've got me there.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

A group of 50 wizards with giant/dragon bane could take over blue.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

how did you manage to have more deaths on a necromancer than a wizard

and your stance on them being powerful because of fast leveling is just like automatically null because of bards.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-21-2021, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how did you manage to have more deaths on a necromancer than a wizard

and your stance on them being powerful because of fast leveling is just like automatically null because of bards.
basically cuz i went and did harder things and charm lol

died 3x but lvld almost as fast as playing it safe on wizard

idk if u do want a chillllll experience, i'm on the fence, necro could be chill but it will actually be slower than some classes
Old 06-21-2021, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want a detailed explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlankyLanky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does the ignore function work on the forums?
You tell someone they are ignored, then you post a screenshot showing their ignored forum posts, then you un-ignore them because you are crazy-curious.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to bring manaburn squads to P99 (pre-Luclin)? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread