Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-19-2021, 05:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Wiki Help - Dynamic List Updates

Where can we edit the dynamic zone list pages?

Example: https://wiki.project1999.com/Rathe_Mountains. If you try to edit the "What's In This Zone" section, it just has a dynamic list link. Where is that list held at. Is it is truly dynamic, how do we trigger it to update?
Old 06-19-2021, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Only wiki admins can change the scripting for Dynamic Lists

They are auto generated from individual pages such as mobs, quest, etc

They don't instantly update for every single change you make to individual mob, quest, etc pages.

----
edit: Honestly I have no clue how or when dynamic lists update.
For example...
Kurn's Tower has Burynai Sappers and the indiviual mob page for Burynai Sappers has Kurn's Tower but they have yet to show up in the dynamic mob list for Kurn's Tower. (However Burynai Excavators shows up just fine on the kurn's tower dynamic mob list and it's individual page is setup exactly the same)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit2: there are benefits to dynamic lists, but I think they're stupid and a relic of the wiki. (Not asking for anyone else's input on how they feel about dynamic lists.)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-19-2021 at 05:20 PM..
Old 06-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the reply. I'll stop looking then. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only wiki admins can change the scripting for Dynamic Lists

They are auto generated from individual pages such as mobs, quest, etc

They don't instantly update for every single change you make to individual mob, quest, etc pages.

----
edit: Honestly I have no clue how or when dynamic lists update.
For example...
Kurn's Tower has Burynai Sappers and the indiviual mob page for Burynai Sappers has Kurn's Tower but they have yet to show up in the dynamic mob list for Kurn's Tower. (However Burynai Excavators shows up just fine on the kurn's tower dynamic mob list and it's individual page is setup exactly the same)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit2: there are benefits to dynamic lists, but I think they're stupid and a relic of the wiki. (Not asking for anyone else's input on how they feel about dynamic lists.)
Old 06-19-2021, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchrysm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where can we edit the dynamic zone list pages?

Example: https://wiki.project1999.com/Rathe_Mountains. If you try to edit the "What's In This Zone" section, it just has a dynamic list link. Where is that list held at. Is it is truly dynamic, how do we trigger it to update?
Dynamic Zone Lists are based on categories on other pages. In the case of Rathe Mountains, that means the "Rathe Mountains" category.

For instance, if you look at https://wiki.project1999.com/Unkempt_Preserver, you will see (at the bottom):

Code:
[[Category:Rathe Mountains]]
As a result, the Unkempt Druid shows up on Rathe Mountain's dynamic zone list. Thus, if you want to add some other page to that list, you just need to edit it and add the above category code.

One note though: the dynamic zone lists don't update immediately: it will take a day or so before you see the page you add the category to on the list.

See https://wiki.project1999.com/Editing for further info.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default loramin to the resue

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dynamic Zone Lists are based on categories on other pages.
Feel like you told me this before. Thanks!

on a side note, added Kurn's Tower category to Burynai Sapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This page is new to me, Nice work! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps link to it in the Contributing FAQ page?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-19-2021 at 09:17 PM..
Old 06-20-2021, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel like you told me this before. Thanks!

on a side note, added Kurn's Tower category to Burynai Sapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This page is new to me, Nice work! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps link to it in the Contributing FAQ page?
I didn't know about that page [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll need to merge the two.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.