Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 01:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

Added the following to the original announcement:

Quote:
Edit: The staff does not plan on doing away with MQing entirely. If you feel an MQ quest is bugged, or a quest needs MQ support, you should still report it (in the Bugs forum).
Old 08-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Kobold

So Blatant scams around Multi-questing will just go unpunished?
Old 08-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGHpnotiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Blatant scams around Multi-questing will just go unpunished?

This is the first thing that came to my mind as well - can we get clarification on this?
Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

They didn't say scamming would go unpunished. They said the risk of a MQ gone bad is on the purchaser. I.e. they won't reimburse you money you gave to a scammer or items you lost in a botched MQ attempt, but they aren't going to be letting scammers take over the server with a bunch of level 1 alts all trying to sell ranger/druid/wizard/necro/mage/whatever epic MQs in EC all day long either.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

sure but it seems easy "ok i turned in my piece, go ahead and turn in yours. oh what, you didnt get the quest reward? huh thats odd, whelp! good luck!"
Old 08-10-2013, 03:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the first thing that came to my mind as well - can we get clarification on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sure but it seems easy "ok i turned in my piece, go ahead and turn in yours. *oh what, you didnt get the quest reward? *huh thats odd, whelp! *good luck!"
If you think you were scammed petition. CSR staff should be happy to verify if the correct items were turned in.
Last edited by Ephi; 08-10-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think you were scammed petition. CSR staff should be happy to verify if the correct items were turned in.
So every time someone messes up a MQ they will petition saying they thought they were scammed. Will you then look and say "yes all items where handed in just in wrong order your lose" or will you say " Yes they were handed in wrong order" and fix it? If the latter then whats the point in even saying you dont approve and if the first then no class that can use the final item from a MQ will ever find a buyer for that MQ because they could just hand in the item after you and get the finished product and you wouldnt do anything about it.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Another important question- Will people looting MQ items over people who actually need them be frowned upon now? IE Pipes for Monk epic? Or will that greedy fuckery still be allowed for the most part?
Old 08-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGHpnotiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another important question- Will people looting MQ items over people who actually need them be frowned upon now? IE Pipes for Monk epic? Or will that greedy fuckery still be allowed for the most part?
Thats a morals and personal thing. I would never let someone loot a pipe if there was a monk there. But if no one there needs then go for it.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Kobold

I haven't gotten my Monk into KC/Chardok yet but I hear horror stories of how greedy people are over MQ'able items like that. Just curious if the Staff has an official stance on that and/or if that stance is changed with the new policy not supporting MQ'ing