Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-20-2014, 03:51 AM
Cyph Cyph is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 504
Default

Thanks Derubael and the rest of the crew. Less time chasing up the scammers (who ruined this for everyone) and more time focusing your efforts on other things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Originally Cyphous, the High Elf Paladin - Xegony, back in '99 (pre-Kunark)

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 54
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
  #22  
Old 08-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Fountree Fountree is offline
Sarnak

Fountree's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 455
Default

Add another restriction to the by now gigantic list of rules on P99. Not classic and not fun. I've never been scammed at a player-run "casino" in years and I've played a ton.

I am for the idea of an NPC run casino though...

Omg just had a thought...make it in that Highkeep gambling area !! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Hi
Last edited by Fountree; 08-20-2014 at 08:37 AM..
  #23  
Old 08-20-2014, 08:29 AM
MilanderTruewield MilanderTruewield is offline
Sarnak

MilanderTruewield's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 467
Default

They would love to roll out new content. However, they have to waste their time over petitions created by people who advertise that if you roll a dice and get 666, you win big! and then /q when they actually roll it. Banning player-run casinos makes for less bullshit for Deru, Sirken and other guides to have to sort thru, therefore allowing for other things. Also, new content is brought to you primarily by the developers (Alunova, Aeolwind, etc) which means that the good things that the GM/Guides are doing in no way affects the speed by which you gain new pixels.
__________________
  #24  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Olscratch Olscratch is offline
Banned


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 93
Default

Yay for less player interaction, more automated NPCs. This should take a big workload off no one.

Server just got a lot less fun for us gamblers, and got more fun for no one.

Since we're adding in unclassic features like dev-made NPC casinos maybe instead of having to deal with waiting and port scammers (people who don't tip, porters who port people to the wrong places) we could just get a rock we click that takes us where we want to go.
  #25  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Olscratch Olscratch is offline
Banned


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would love to roll out new content. However, they have to waste their time over petitions created by people who advertise that if you roll a dice and get 666, you win big! and then /q when they actually roll it. Banning player-run casinos makes for less bullshit for Deru, Sirken and other guides to have to sort thru, therefore allowing for other things. Also, new content is brought to you primarily by the developers (Alunova, Aeolwind, etc) which means that the good things that the GM/Guides are doing in no way affects the speed by which you gain new pixels.
1 casino has been banned, and I'd imagine it took all of about 5 minutes of work.
If casinos we're a guild they'd have a cleaner record than half of P99 guilds. Sad day. Great day for propaganda victory.
  #26  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Derubael Derubael is offline
Retired GM


Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Posts: 5,020
Default

We are sorry for ruining your Everquest gambling experience. We realize that at this point in time the number of players we will lose due to this change may just vacate the box completely, but we vow to continue on despite the odds.
  #27  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Orruar Orruar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use your best judgement. This is mostly aimed at Casinos, though any form of gambling does fall under it's domain.

Obviously rolling for an item that dropped isn't gambling.
"Use your best judgement" isn't really the best way to go about making new rules is it? Rules should be specific and allow for little player interpretation, or else you'll end up spending more time trying to enforce the vague rule than you ever did on the few scammers.

The point I was trying to get at is that all the things I listed were in essence the same. If you ban casinos (people using /random to take a chance at winning money/item), you have to ban rolling on loots as well. If you try to ban one without banning the other, you'll have to twist your logic to fit the inconsistency. I suspect this is why you say you want to leave it up to us, because there is no way you can be specific about what is allowed and what isn't without exposing that inconsistency.
  #28  
Old 08-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Grimjaw Grimjaw is offline
Planar Protector

Grimjaw's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope one day in the future they are able to return in some form. Adds a unique layer to the server.
EVE is a great game, they appreciate player-made content instead of stomping it out. They also spend zero time hunting down and worrying about scammers. if you get scammed in a sandbox mmo its your fault.
__________________
Last edited by Grimjaw; 08-20-2014 at 11:01 AM..
  #29  
Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Olscratch Olscratch is offline
Banned


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are sorry for ruining your Everquest gambling experience. We realize that at this point in time the number of players we will lose due to this change may just vacate the box completely, but we vow to continue on despite the odds.
Well thanks for apologizing and not being a **** about it.
  #30  
Old 08-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Derubael Derubael is offline
Retired GM


Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Posts: 5,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point I was trying to get at is that all the things I listed were in essence the same. If you ban casinos (people using /random to take a chance at winning money/item), you have to ban rolling on loots as well. If you try to ban one without banning the other, you'll have to twist your logic to fit the inconsistency. I suspect this is why you say you want to leave it up to us, because there is no way you can be specific about what is allowed and what isn't without exposing that inconsistency.
That's not what is being outlined here. If you can't tell the difference between gambling at a 'casino' or playing a game of chance for potential profit with another player, and rolling on an item that dropped off an NPC, you are going to have a very hard time - and that has nothing to do with the casinos getting banned.

I know what you are doing, and you are welcome to do it, but I'd highly recommend not testing us on this. It's pretty simple cut and dry. Casinos are now gone.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.