Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Lostprophets Lostprophets is offline
Planar Protector

Lostprophets's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: US
Posts: 1,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falisaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.

since when is this classic?
yeah really, when has this been classic?!
__________________
[5x Monk] Kobrakai (Dark Elf) <Flames of Reverence> (Agnarr)
[60 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <Transcendence> (P99 - Retired)
[48 Monk] Kobrakaii (Iksar) <Transcendence> (P99 - Retired)
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
  #12  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Otto Otto is offline
Fire Giant

Otto's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this have anything to do with why i got attacked when stealthed and hidden as a rogue, conning a goblin which said indifferent only to be attacked by that same goblin 10 seconds later when i got within agro range?
Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?
  #13  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM
nilbog nilbog is offline
Project Manager

nilbog's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falisaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.

since when is this classic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah really, when has this been classic?!
Always? I remember 2 different scenarios with my magician.

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.
  #14  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Harrison Harrison is offline
Banned


Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?
It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.
  #15  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Lazortag Lazortag is offline
Planar Protector

Lazortag's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always? I remember 2 different scenarios with my magician.

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.
Yeah I agree with this. This is kind of a situation where we would need to provide proof that it's not classic instead of the other way around, because it's kind of abusive and so if we're uncertain of it's classic-ness, we should err on the side of not allowing you to kill guards from a city forever without losing faction. Just my two cents (coppers?)

Also:

Quote:
#
# Haynar: Bard sitting mana regen has been adjusted. They were regening way more than they should have sitting. This is a classic adjustment.
This means Bards should regen exactly 2 mana per tick now while sitting, correct?
__________________
Project 1999 (PvE):
Giegue Nessithurtsithurts, 60 Bard <Divinity>
Starman Deluxe, 24 Enchanter
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
  #16  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Kender Kender is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?
nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.
  #17  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Falisaty Falisaty is offline
Sarnak

Falisaty's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always? I remember 2 different scenarios with my magician.

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.
aye u are talking about kunark era not Classic pre kunark i remember in classic my friends mage killin guards with no faction loss

im still lookin for patch notes ref them patching pet faction
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyyfeleech View Post
You sir are brilliant
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9 http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l512/millhouseproject1999/bioarm.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
  #18  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Otto Otto is offline
Fire Giant

Otto's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.
You'll have to re-read what I typed. I didn't say anything about it being fixed long ago, I stated that it is a user error, not a game mechanics error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.
There are plenty of other reasons why right clicking may have dropped your hide- Yes it should tell you, but it doesn't.
  #19  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
zianlo1 zianlo1 is offline
Banned


Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 75
Default

Paineel guards dont give faction hits though, right? Since they're undead and all...Plus, the faction hit wasnt added to them til at least velious era, right? =D
  #20  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Rais Rais is offline
Fire Giant

Rais's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 744
Default

Question. At what date are up "up to" on the Classic eq time table. I have found patch notes from when Sky opened and such. Some things haven't been changed as far as I can tell, nor have seen in any of the patches we have had.

(edit) here is the link where I'm checking out the different patches.

http://web.archive.org/web/200010170..._archives.html
Last edited by Rais; 09-16-2010 at 07:22 PM..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.