Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Greetings Project 1999 Community

Hello everyone! First let me say, it's nice and refreshing to play a challenging game. I never had the pleasure of playing Everquest back in it's day of popularity; I was very well into 2 other MMORPG's at the time (Star Wars Galaxies and Asheron's Call). It's something I regret terribly. Thankfully, I stumbled upon Project 1999 and couldn't believe it. I can finally check this game out for the first time and hopefully enjoy it.

If there are any communities out there willing to take in a complete and total noob, I'd love to join your ranks. I really do not care at this point in time about joining a hardcore guild. I just want to play the game to learn, get better and have fun. Maybe after I grow up and acquire some veteran status, I will start to consider raids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] However after doing a lot of research, I've come to learn that Everquest is a game that takes time and patience to reach your goals...which sounds absolutely perfect.

A little about myself, I'm 30 years old and I currently work 2 jobs *OUCH* haha. I very much enjoy gaming and I try to completely nerd out in front of my monitor as often as I can. I have a working headset as well if any of you guilds out there have TeamSpeak/Mumble/etc..etc..

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to let me introduce myself to you and hopefully we'll see each other out there in pixel land [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] God I can't wait to really dig into this game!! Starting out as a Iksar Necromancer! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome! Check out the guild discussion page. There are lots of guilds that accept new players.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Iksar Necro is a great starter toon.
Necros are great soloists so you don't need a group if you can't find one.
Let me know your lizards name is and what time you will be playing tonight and my Necro Nekkrosis can fix you up with a set of Raw Silk armor and a stack or two of bone chips and maybe even a plat or two for spells.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Large Bat

Welcome to p99 mate! Im in almost the same boat as you.
Played eq back in the day till 2006 and just started p99 3 days ago to relive the glory days and what can i say ...I MISSED YOU EQ lol.
Anyway, made a iksar necro too and level 7 at this time. Look me up (khartack) for some duoing or grouping. Wont be on over the weekend so you might outlevel me already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, see you around mate and have a blast!
Old 11-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

I've always worried people who don't have the nostalgia factor going for them wouldn't enjoy p99. Hopefully you enjoy it. I feel like making an elf and starting in greater faydark is a good idea for a new player. I feel like that area allows you to interact with a lot of other low level characters right off the bat instead of grinding out levels 4-7 in near isolation. Go from killing stuff near the newb lift to orc hill and then crushbone.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always worried people who don't have the nostalgia factor going for them wouldn't enjoy p99. Hopefully you enjoy it. I feel like making an elf and starting in greater faydark is a good idea for a new player. I feel like that area allows you to interact with a lot of other low level characters right off the bat instead of grinding out levels 4-7 in near isolation. Go from killing stuff near the newb lift to orc hill and then crushbone.
Field of Bone is a great starting area and has plenty of people in it and nearby Kurn's Tower.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Field of Bone is a great starting area and has plenty of people in it and nearby Kurn's Tower.
Indeed, even in euro primetime you see between 10 and 20 people in the zone. Also has a nice variety of different level mobs!
Be sure to keep every drop you get and sell it to the merchants. You need that money [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] bone chips are great for a turn on quest at trooper mozos(?) at the gates to cabilis. Nice xp and a few silver pieces per 4 bpne chips (single, not stacks) and the warlord on one of the balconies of the building in front of the gates has a turn in quest for scorpion pincers.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone! First let me say, it's nice and refreshing to play a challenging game. I never had the pleasure of playing Everquest back in it's day of popularity; I was very well into 2 other MMORPG's at the time (Star Wars Galaxies and Asheron's Call). It's something I regret terribly. Thankfully, I stumbled upon Project 1999 and couldn't believe it. I can finally check this game out for the first time and hopefully enjoy it.

If there are any communities out there willing to take in a complete and total noob, I'd love to join your ranks. I really do not care at this point in time about joining a hardcore guild. I just want to play the game to learn, get better and have fun. Maybe after I grow up and acquire some veteran status, I will start to consider raids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] However after doing a lot of research, I've come to learn that Everquest is a game that takes time and patience to reach your goals...which sounds absolutely perfect.

A little about myself, I'm 30 years old and I currently work 2 jobs *OUCH* haha. I very much enjoy gaming and I try to completely nerd out in front of my monitor as often as I can. I have a working headset as well if any of you guilds out there have TeamSpeak/Mumble/etc..etc..

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to let me introduce myself to you and hopefully we'll see each other out there in pixel land [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] God I can't wait to really dig into this game!! Starting out as a Iksar Necromancer! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome aboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pretty sure you were the guy we helped out last night when I was on my druid, Stemp!
Closed Thread