Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 01:34 AM
Orc

Straight up I leveled a cleric just so I could make enough plat in dungeons to afford jboots. I worked very hard to get where I'm at. Also...my guildmate camped it for me and I paid him the plat so it was in house. I don't see the problem. While I was waiting a few days ago for my other toon (who also got his jboots) I noticed there were 3 other people waiting for hasten to do their quest. All 3 of these folks were by themselves and were not there for MQ. What OP is doing is screwing over the legit questers too. This sucks more for them than it does for him. I do feel sorry for him because I know the feeling of not being able to attain something in this game and struggling so hard to make it happen. The thing is that the struggle is real and he's not the only damn one and he's screwing over honest people who aren't even MQing the damn thing.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

MQ went off without a hitch, I guess ol' County was sleepin on him.

Here was the conversation with Braknar I had, he basically conceded that this shit is not OK per the rules if you're killing Hasten placeholders, but didn't say what could/would be done if it became an issue:

http://i.imgur.com/5Je2CEi.png
Old 11-22-2016, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

I always thought the unwritten rule was "don't be a dick". OP is certainly being a dick. But then so is anyone MQing stuff for profit if they're shitting on leveling players in the process.

See in the past: rogue epics.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought the unwritten rule was "don't be a dick". OP is certainly being a dick. But then so is anyone MQing stuff for profit if they're shitting on leveling players in the process.

See in the past: rogue epics.
Please explain how camping and selling MQs differs from camping and selling tradable loot. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

OP sounds like the easiest 30 day suspension ever.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Thank you Trollhide for allowing this level 18 monk to get jboots - capitalism dictates what the appropriate level is, OP.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please explain how camping and selling MQs differs from camping and selling tradable loot. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Where did I mention tradeable loot? Go ahead, I'll wait too.

I've personally experienced the ridiculous bottleneck on the old rogue epics. Got dunked on by Calabee who went on to admit being a known RMTer. I just wanted to quest my own, is that a crime? The only savior along the whole of that was Liia who MQ'd it fairly often but let me go ahead at the Lake Rathe part (never forget the good people).
Old 11-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

Ban number 3 is it swish?
Old 11-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Orc

Bottlenecks with a healthy population are classic.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Kobold

Default People need to get Real!

People treat Jboots like they are a necessity. I see people who say I have to have Jboots in order to even play a low character. There are tons of Druids and Shamans on this server, so getting a sow for travelling is extremely easy. The only class I think that may 'need' jboots for levelling is a Wizard while quadding. The rest is just luxury. If you can't solo with other caster classes without jboots than you are doing it wrong. Yes a nice to have item, but not even close to being important. Spend a couple hundred pp on sow pots, and you can bet your ass they last a lot longer than you anticipate. If you can learn this, you wont care about the mess with AC, but I do agree MQs are out of hand on this server.. but everyone wants their $$
Closed Thread