Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Norden sold Briscoe his glorious Robe of the Spring that I could not afford at the time.

praise be human druid in a robe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So THAT'S where my RotS went! I remember wearing it on my level 14 druid in EC to the irritation of druids everywhere...
Old 11-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So THAT'S where my RotS went! I remember wearing it on my level 14 druid in EC to the irritation of druids everywhere...
Looks much better on a human than it did on little Teleportation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nordenwatch seems like a nice dude, friendly, considerate, intelligent etc. Don't know him at all.

But, man. When I read his explanation behind why he chose to do RMTing, it's quite disappointing to say the least.

Obviously money can be a great temptation for people to do what is morally wrong, but in essence someone that does something so vehemently against the rules of the server for monetary gain it says a lot about a person's morals and ethics.

I find it hard to really trust anyone that in essence has lied, cheated, and stolen then explains that boredom motivated them to do it. All in the same breath as saying, "whether or not you like it, pixels are worth money so if I was quitting, why wouldn't I sell them?" Parapahrasing here but that was the gist of his reasoning.

Nordenwatch, hope somewhere you found a code of ethics and some sort of moral compass within yourself.

Hard to believe that though, because one thing I have learned in life is people are either trustworthy, or not.

When someone crosses the line of moral codes by combining lies, deceit, money, and a lack of discipline so jarring that out of "boredom" they can cross that line without conscience I steer clear of that type of person.

Not that it matters, I don't know this dude and he don't know me. I just felt like commenting because I find RMT and the activities surrounding it disturbing. I also found his reasoning behind why he did it disturbing too.

Yeah it's just a game, and they are just pixels. But honestly, if someone does this in a game I wouldn't trust them outside the game.
Lol this is such a stretch. For someone to say that an individual breaking the rules on an elf simulator of a 17 year old game somehow reflects their own character as a human being. With that same school of thought: you sound like the type of individual who likes to put others down to make himself feel better. Get off your high horse dude.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol this is such a stretch. For someone to say that an individual breaking the rules on an elf simulator of a 17 year old game somehow reflects their own character as a human being. With that same school of thought: you sound like the type of individual who likes to put others down to make himself feel better. Get off your high horse dude.
Behavioral psychologists would probably disagree. To suggest that there is a direct correlation between one's behavior in the real world and a single act within virtual reality, however, would be a stretch but less so in this case as the former benefited from the latter. Also, this isn't Pong we're talking about here; you can really fuck people over in this game and there are hundreds online at any given time, allowing for some anonymity. It being a 17 year old elf sim is besides the point. Take for instance this experiment. Note how the yellow triangle and blue square are on par with EQ graphics. Also note how the subjects have about the same amount of emotional maturity as some in the community here.

All that aside, seeing the name Nordenwatch again reminded me more of the morbid foliage he added to the tree in West Freeport than his RMTing.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone that can justify cheating, lying, or stealing out of boredom is probably a scumbag. Sure, people make mistakes. And maybe he did just that.

That being said, I never met someone on a MMO regardless of it's age that broke rules for real money, stole, or lied, or cheated that was a good person who just made a simple honest mistake. Everyone of these types of individuals were scumbags.

That's the truth bruv, and you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I aint on a high horse, I am painting the facts.

You sound like the type of person that would defend this kind of activity because you yourself are probably a scumbag too.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently tagged as Azure Guard, although I am a terrible member who has only logged in twice with the tag.
Wow, I didn't even know we were in the same guild!

Astuce
Old 12-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone that can justify cheating, lying, or stealing out of boredom is probably a scumbag. Sure, people make mistakes. And maybe he did just that.

That being said, I never met someone on a MMO regardless of it's age that broke rules for real money, stole, or lied, or cheated that was a good person who just made a simple honest mistake. Everyone of these types of individuals were scumbags.

That's the truth bruv, and you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I aint on a high horse, I am painting the facts.

You sound like the type of person that would defend this kind of activity because you yourself are probably a scumbag too.
But I didn't steal from anyone - I played the game with integrity and honesty. You're imposing character traits on me for what I did at the end and unfairly ignoring the 3+ years I played here that run counter to your claims.

Admittedly I broke the rules by RMTing at the end - that is not something I can defend in good conscience. By signing up and playing I agreed to abide by the server rules and I failed to do that - but I was punished for it by losing all of my characters. The staff told me at the time that if/when I came back to play for Velious to play with a clean whistle, and I intend to do just that.

I think the fact that I'm playing under my old name speaks to this intent - if I was going to try and use this elf sim to make money (which is an abusrdly inefficient use of time), would I really come back using the same name that's well known as having RMTed off the server?
Old 12-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Behavioral psychologists would probably disagree. To suggest that there is a direct correlation between one's behavior in the real world and a single act within virtual reality, however, would be a stretch but less so in this case as the former benefited from the latter. Also, this isn't Pong we're talking about here; you can really fuck people over in this game and there are hundreds online at any given time, allowing for some anonymity. It being a 17 year old elf sim is besides the point. Take for instance this experiment. Note how the yellow triangle and blue square are on par with EQ graphics. Also note how the subjects have about the same amount of emotional maturity as some in the community here.

All that aside, seeing the name Nordenwatch again reminded me more of the morbid foliage he added to the tree in West Freeport than his RMTing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000074.jpg (12.9 KB, 55 views)
Old 12-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ighlight=Dexen

Na man, in fact, I've given more back to this community in the years I've played on and off than most people have. The above thread is one of the public giveaways I did, one of the biggest on the server I've seen (500k+ in items and whatnot). After returning I rebuilt my stash from flipping in EC and gave away another ~300-500k to random newbies in the game because after I grew bored of the server I found much more joy in making a new guy's day. So, no, I wouldn't be what most people refer to as a "scumbag."

As for the behavioral psych. bit. I hear ya, I got my undergrad in psych and I plan on going for my psy D after I finish my MBA. After playing pretty much every MMO under the sun since EQ I would still never judge anyone's human character on these games. The circumstances surrounding them are a breeding ground for toxic, negative, and disrespectful behavior. Hell, ive said some shitty things on voice chat when tilted on Overwatch, it doesn't mean I would say the same garbage to someone if they made a mistake in real life. It also doesn't mean I'm a "scumbag," though I may come off as one from time to time. Truth is the same people I've told off on a game are probably the same dudes I would be bros with IRL. The anonymity coupled with the lack of punishment is just a recipe for disaster sometimes.
Last edited by Ravun; 12-03-2016 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently tagged as Azure Guard, although I am a terrible member who has only logged in twice with the tag.
Yes, I wish you played with us more.