Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I wish you played with us more.
I wish he played more in general [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I didn't steal from anyone - I played the game with integrity and honesty. You're imposing character traits on me for what I did at the end and unfairly ignoring the 3+ years I played here that run counter to your claims.

Admittedly I broke the rules by RMTing at the end - that is not something I can defend in good conscience. By signing up and playing I agreed to abide by the server rules and I failed to do that - but I was punished for it by losing all of my characters. The staff told me at the time that if/when I came back to play for Velious to play with a clean whistle, and I intend to do just that.

I think the fact that I'm playing under my old name speaks to this intent - if I was going to try and use this elf sim to make money (which is an abusrdly inefficient use of time), would I really come back using the same name that's well known as having RMTed off the server?
I never said YOU are bad, I am just saying that people that I have run across over the years on MMOs who did RMT, hacks, or lied about stuff in the game typically were the types of people I rather not associate with.

I am just sharing my personal experience with people who have done these types of activities and they were always unscrupulous characters.

Does it mean anyone that has ever done RMTs (when against the server rules), lied, or cheated in a MMO are scumbags? No.

But again. That kind of behavior in the game would probably translate to similar behavior out of the game imo.

Not that it matters, but I personally feel it is fine you came back. I don't know you, you sound likeable and decent enough. But I got to be honest. When I read your post on what you did, and why, that only made it seem worse.

I think it would have sounded a lot more responsible had you just said, "ok, I did some scumbag things out of greed, and I apologize to the server". As soon as you say things like, "well I was bored, yada yada yada,", it then sounds like you are trying to justify nefarious behavior and honestly there is no good justification for it.

Oh well, welcome back man, and hope you enjoy the game and don't take it for granted this time. I understand everyone does things they shouldn't do, we are all human. GL to you.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said YOU are bad, I am just saying that people that I have run across over the years on MMOs who did RMT, hacks, or lied about stuff in the game typically were the types of people I rather not associate with.

I am just sharing my personal experience with people who have done these types of activities and they were always unscrupulous characters.

Does it mean anyone that has ever done RMTs (when against the server rules), lied, or cheated in a MMO are scumbags? No.

But again. That kind of behavior in the game would probably translate to similar behavior out of the game imo.

Not that it matters, but I personally feel it is fine you came back. I don't know you, you sound likeable and decent enough. But I got to be honest. When I read your post on what you did, and why, that only made it seem worse.

I think it would have sounded a lot more responsible had you just said, "ok, I did some scumbag things out of greed, and I apologize to the server". As soon as you say things like, "well I was bored, yada yada yada,", it then sounds like you are trying to justify nefarious behavior and honestly there is no good justification for it.

Oh well, welcome back man, and hope you enjoy the game and don't take it for granted this time. I understand everyone does things they shouldn't do, we are all human. GL to you.
In my defense a lot of that thread is me being openly facetious about people comparing RMTing to things like selling drugs to children and kneecapping people... and once it got to RNF it immediately became a festival of trolling, but point taken.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my defense a lot of that thread is me being openly facetious about people comparing RMTing to things like selling drugs to children and kneecapping people... and once it got to RNF it immediately became a festival of trolling, but point taken.
Sometimes, these forums are funny.

It's easy to get sucked in and pass judgement on others etc. I suppose sometimes it can be warranted. Other times we are so critical of others it goes beyond proper reason. I should have just kept my personal feelings out of it tbh.

Welcome back and hope you find it as fun as it was before. And, I hope you don't grow bored and make any rash decisions you regret later down the road. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread