Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-22-2022, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you get there when being KoS? There are multiple see invis stuff everywhere
Paci,rapture. When you jump out of the water all agro clears..it's a pain but very possible to traverse the zone kos at least as an enchanter.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very helpful answer from the person who supports cheating using third party programs
...what? lol, gonna need a [citation needed] on this one. I don't support cheating of any kind.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you get there when being KoS? There are multiple see invis stuff everywhere
From that spot you /q, you can Paci pretty much everything, and Raptire/Dictate the rest. Hopping out of the water wipes all aggro, which can be used to move mobs closer to you.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both non-fixed duration high level charm spells (like Boltran's, Allure, etc) and root spells will hold after you /q out. Often the longer root spells will still be on a mob when you log back in, though the charm spells will always end before you are able to log in.
When you /q out of the game you are not actually logged out. You eventually get timed out depending if you have been flagged as in combat or not, something like 1 minute versus 3 minutes.

if you are entirely logged out though, set duration spells should remain for full duraton and random ones break in one tick. on p99 it seems it maybe gives you 2-4 extra ticks before it breaks, which isn't classic but w/e.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are entirely logged out though, set duration spells should remain for full duraton and random ones break in one tick. on p99 it seems it maybe gives you 2-4 extra ticks before it breaks, which isn't classic but w/e.
I was talking about charm and root spells specifically. Would those fall into the former or latter categories you are using? My understanding is that both charm and root spells have a random element to them. I just tested this by casting enstill on a pathing bat in butcherblock, camping and logging back in. On one occasion the mob's root broke after logging out, but more often the mob would still be rooted and it would last for seemingly the full duration (not just 4 extra ticks).
Old 06-23-2022, 05:31 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From that spot you /q, you can Paci pretty much everything, and Raptire/Dictate the rest. Hopping out of the water wipes all aggro, which can be used to move mobs closer to you.
lol and you call this easier ?
Old 06-23-2022, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakanmer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol and you call this easier ?
Depends what you're used to I guess. Once you get the spawns set up well and used to the strat, I'd say they're both pretty easy and take about the same amount of time.

Definitely stay Non KOS if you can though
Old 06-24-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was talking about charm and root spells specifically. Would those fall into the former or latter categories you are using? My understanding is that both charm and root spells have a random element to them. I just tested this by casting enstill on a pathing bat in butcherblock, camping and logging back in. On one occasion the mob's root broke after logging out, but more often the mob would still be rooted and it would last for seemingly the full duration (not just 4 extra ticks).
Hmm. are you doing this on blue? it might be coded a bit differently. i tested it on green awhile back a dozen or so times on static mobs, and got the estimated 2-4 ticks.