Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude sorry but you don’t know the history to this I guess. This happened months ago. Riot scripted to prove that Vanquish had been scripting. It was admitted that it happened. The cheating occurred
If that is the truth then all this proves is you can't really tell the difference between cheating and not cheating, as they are never that far ahead of the "non-cheaters". It is a minimal amount that could be accounted for via data transfer, differences in reaction times, etc.

I am sorry that Everquest 1 was not designed with this kind of racing in mind, where 100ms is the difference between victory and defeat. You will never get that kind of functionality out of EQ, and there will always be someone with an advantage simply due to their proximity to the P99 servers.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh tell me more about your secret evidence. Personally I'm happy to be shown where OP made a mistake. I've been saying it repeatedly all day. Show where OP went wrong in his analysis or shut up. Simple as that.
Okay let’s start with one simple basic point and work from there.

OP says humans are incapable of reacting faster than 150ms. This is one of the core tenets to this video. He mentions it more than once and within the first few minutes. We can see this is incorrect by looking at the benchmarking site he references and we can see this in any number of visual and audible stimulus trials.

Can we agree on that much?
Old 02-07-2022, 08:42 PM
Banned

The USADA itself tested Armstrong fewer than 60 times, and the International Cycling Union tested him about 215 times, the USADA report said.

… and “not a single positive test”

The other half of that often repeated claim from Armstrong and his camp has obviously carried more weight: that there was not “a single positive test.”

“Six samples that were taken from Lance Armstrong were retested in ’05 and they were positive,” USADA head Tygart recently told “60 Minutes.”

The tests were originally taken in 1999, before there was a test for EPO, he said. When new tests were conducted in 2005, “all six were flaming positive,” he said.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The USADA itself tested Armstrong fewer than 60 times, and the International Cycling Union tested him about 215 times, the USADA report said.

The other half of that often repeated claim from Armstrong and his camp has obviously carried more weight: that there was not “a single positive test.”

“Six samples that were taken from Lance Armstrong were retested in ’05 and they were positive,” USADA head Tygart recently told “60 Minutes.”

The tests were originally taken in 1999, before there was a test for EPO, he said. When new tests were conducted in 2005, “all six were flaming positive,” he said.
Any real life sports analogy is irrelevant. There is no internet between Armstrong and his Bike, Armstrong and his muscles, etc. That is why online gaming is different. There is an intermediary between the player who is at their computer, and the other observers on different computers. That is why gaming tournaments are always done as a LAN party, to remove those factors as much as humanly possible.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does it have to be competitive? Classic EQ wasn't designed to be an e-sport my guy. It CERTAINLY wasn't designed for multiple large raid guilds to be competing for the same handful of targets for years on end. Despite the fantasies of some deranged elves around here none of this shit is classic.
Ignoring the fact that you’re not qualified to say what the game was designed to be, it has to be competitive because that is what the creators of p99 have said it must be. They have made it very clear that they are completely against rotations and there are leaked discord logs of them lambasting their GMs for implementing them in the past. I would be happy to link those for you.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that is the truth then all this proves is you can't really tell the difference between cheating and not cheating, as they are never that far ahead of the "non-cheaters". It is a minimal amount that could be accounted for via data transfer, differences in reaction times, etc.

I am sorry that Everquest 1 was not designed with this kind of racing in mind, where 100ms is the difference between victory and defeat. You will never get that kind of functionality out of EQ, and there will always be someone with an advantage simply due to their proximity to the P99 servers.
No except you can tell the difference. I’m not sure if you’re just being stubborn here.

The cheating isn’t designed to make them “far ahead” of the non cheaters. It’s a race. They don’t need to be far ahead because the script makes them react instantly upon the spawn of the mob to start running. Someone not cheating wouldn’t be able to react that fast and therefore as long as the person/people scripting don’t make a mistake and like run into a wall or something they will always stay ahead of the non cheaters. It’s literally been proven many times as a result of this type of stuff.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No except you can tell the difference. I’m not sure if you’re just being stubborn here.

The cheating isn’t designed to make them “far ahead” of the non cheaters. It’s a race. They don’t need to be far ahead because the script makes them react instantly upon the spawn of the mob to start running. Someone not cheating wouldn’t be able to react that fast and therefore as long as the person/people scripting don’t make a mistake and like run into a wall or something they will always stay ahead of the non cheaters. It’s literally been proven many times as a result of this type of stuff.
I am not being stubborn at all. I am simply confused as to why people think an online game not even designed for racing would ever be "fair" to race in. If 100ms is the difference between victory and defeat, that 100ms can be caused simply by lag. That is the nature of playing online. If the difference can be chalked up to lag, then it can't be proven to be cheating, unless you have all of the relevant data.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lance Armstrong was a cheater and therefore anyone accused of cheating from that point on is a cheater. I’m glad we’ve resolved this.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Arcler was the first proven cheat, no? For his AFK trakanon batphones using pixel detection, right? I assume that's why Riot is so good at figuring out that everybody else is cheating and knowing exactly how they do it
This falsehood you're parroting here and have elsewhere has been debunked many times. How many debunkings will be enough for you to stop spouting an obvious lie? Likely no amount.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lance Armstrong was a cheater and therefore anyone accused of cheating from that point on is a cheater. I’m glad we’ve resolved this.
Don't think he means it that way. Probably that he got away with it for so long and with many many tests from multiple sources and being undetected..for awhile it eventually surfaces. is just something to think about ya know? source: i have a brain
Closed Thread