Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A nice side effect of the ToV changes is that in taking longer to clear ToV dragons it will open up other non-ToV opportunities for smaller guilds to get some drops during earthquakes since the big dogs will be occupied for a longer time.
I think the opposite will be true. More incentive to kill the "easier" targets then focus on the crawl.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 04-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the opposite will be true. More incentive to kill the "easier" targets then focus on the crawl.
Yeah i think more guilds are gonna delay ToV. Maybe theyll pop in for a fast Doze, but then bounce for Dain/Yeli/KT/CT/Staue+AoW. That even seemed the case this quake.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

tbh i see the raid changes only being a benefit to the raid geared guilds with 20 tanks, 20 clerics, and 70 others. Basically AM. How can a raid force just starting out can clear to a mob quicker than 100+ people with top end gear? It was even stated in the patch notes it's not against the rules to rush over people, just considered a dick move. Being a dick doth not stop a nerd from rage lusting after pixels.

In my humble opinion i think making a tag limit for each guild per cycle, and setting the spawns on a static timer would let everyone have more fun. Something like 1 city leader, doze,vulak or AoW, and 10 dragons total (kunark and velious combiend) per repop, per guild would really open up raid target to people, but also keep the spirit of competition for the guilds that want to race after something.

And if you really wanted to spice things up, change it all to 2 days spawns with a 2 day variance. Flood the market and the supply/demand problem goes away too. Right now it feels like the day before Christmas in 1996 and wal-mart just announced a fresh batch of furbies just got in and are first come first serve
Old 04-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Aviak

What a nightmare
Old 04-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Probably time to take a break if this is a nightmare for you.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably time to take a break if this is a nightmare for you.
This is server chat not RnF. Just because you've been Stockholm Syndromed into loving the insanity of the P99 raid scene does not mean you need to insult people for saying perfectly sane and rational things in server chat.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

The point is, relax, it's a game. So... relax.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

While I appreciate the spirit of trying to make things more difficult in ToV, the mechanics that were implemented in this patch are heavy handed and ridiculously un-classic. All end-game content gets perfected and/or trivialized over time on TLP servers. It's the nature of the time-lock.

Randomly introducing perma-rooted dragons that summon at 100% after several years of guilds farming the zone with classic mechanics is a pretty lame solution to a non-existent problem. The mechanics of the zone were classic as they were. If we're going to throw the baby out with the bath water, let's see some warder loot and clicky mounts.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to a non-existent problem
While I largely agree with your post, ToV is most certainly not a "non-existent problem". ToV is a huge issue for the support staff. It's the reason (or if you want to get technical, a dispute over how to solve it ... along with some other stuff ... was the reason) we recently lost senior guide Braknar.

Many people, myself included, feel passionately about what the "best for P99" solution is, and we often argue over it in RnF ... but everyone agrees that some solution is needed, if only for the sake of our poor (and as many often forget, all volunteer) staff.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I largely agree with your post, ToV is most certainly not a "non-existent problem". ToV is a huge issue for the support staff. It's the reason (or if you want to get technical, a dispute over how to solve it ... along with some other stuff ... was the reason) we recently lost senior guide Braknar.

Many people, myself included, feel passionately about what the "best for P99" solution is, and we often argue over it in RnF ... but everyone agrees that some solution is needed, if only for the sake of our poor (and as many often forget, all volunteer) staff.
How do you not re-read the parenthetical before you hit submit and not think to yourself “that sounds ridiculous and I need to rewrite this.”

Also, the white knighting? Get a hold of yourself sir.