Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Default people can be so foul

i overheard a conversation between two human males. one was inquiring to the other about what is a good netflix series to binge because he had already finished everything he could find. is this a hobby that humans partake in nowadays? it seems as though the world is in serious turmoil, i find it strange that some humans can find the time to be so removed from the rest of their community? perhaps this is their escape from the impending doom..
Old 07-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

How is asking for a series recommendation being "removed from their community"?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

the list of shows he has already seen was really long with some series i the 7-10 seasons category

adding it up in my head makes me question how he sleeps
Old 07-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the list of shows he has already seen was really long with some series i the 7-10 seasons category

adding it up in my head makes me question how he sleeps
I watch about 45 mins to 1 hour of netflix before bed every night as I drift off to sleep. Stretch that out over 5 years and I've seen some shit.

Also if you play Everquest chances are you've done some binging yourself.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a good netflix series to binge because he had already finished everything he could find.
I don't think that's possible. Most of netflix is just a countless amount of tv series. There is no finding anything there, other than finding yourself getting lost.

I've just been watching repeats the past few months. Last month was LOST, the month before was Farscape. I'm looking forward to the new season of Marco Polo, which I think is on s02e02 tomorrow. I'll probably give it time for some episodes, rewatch season 1 then start 2.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Breaking news: citizens not spending every waking moment of their free time feeding the homeless and saving puppies from fires. Elfsim persona phacemeltar outraged, more at 11
Old 07-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
i overheard a conversation between two human males. one was inquiring to the other about what is a good netflix series to binge because he had already finished everything he could find. is this a hobby that humans partake in nowadays? it seems as though the world is in serious turmoil, i find it strange that some humans can find the time to be so removed from the rest of their community? perhaps this is their escape from the impending doom..
The image of people with nothing but time and money, going out and having all these experiences with large groups of friends every night is a myth pushed by commercials, TV shows and movies. Staying in and watching Netflix or movies and rejecting what is allegedly "normal" is just fine.

Nothing wrong with not needing constant social interaction. In fact I'd venture that it makes you stronger as a person to be able to be alone.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Also, why even go out? With Facebook we can all just cyber stalk each other and live vicariously through it! No need to actually interact. Social Media does bring us all closer after all..
Old 07-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I've never used Netflix, but was pleasantly surprised by the convenience of Crunchyroll even if most of what is on there is less than fantastic.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Kobold

I can't help but find it hilarious that a person playing a 200 year old point ear simulator is talking down about someone that watched Netflix.
Closed Thread