Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

i dont think i ever complained about not getting a port
Old 08-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Orc

really this is what bothers you? if you dont like them dont use them.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

i really dont have the patience to try and explain this in explicit detail, but i thought id try to at least respond. my issue with dialaport is that they are too convenient to compete with. the majority of players will skip the "/w all druid 39 45" step and go directly to "/w all dial" step. the only way to profit from porting is basically to join them, which means that you must remove your porter from the guild that they were already in or suffer low client base on an already underpopulated server.

im not speaking from the perspective of someone who is on their 5th - 10th alt, but instead in defense of those new players who made a druid or wizard as a starter character in order to get finances to support a tank class or healer (which has been suggested in many guides). not only does this mean that the guild you joined to level up with is short another member, but now you are in a guild with only porters.

i worry about how this "almost mandatory" decision reflects on new players. everquest is a multiplayer game, and guild-interactions can be some of the most memorable ones to be made. leveling guilds will frequently post LFM adverts in guild chat for some of the best content the game has to offer. also, druids can make decent healers in a pinch, and this means that there will be less druids in guilds at a level range where clerics are not the most common, and most shaman are soloing.

lets not forget that due to a lack of groups and a surplus of platinum, alot of druids turn to soloing. soloing is great xp, and can net you lots of loot, but not grouping during the 30s and 40s might leave some newer players a little lost when it comes to the mechanics introduced during that level range.

i do not approve of dialaport because their motto should be "leave your guild or be poor" and i think thats bad for server health on a game that thrives on multiplayer interaction.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my issue with dialaport is that they are too convenient to compete with. the majority of players will skip the "/w all druid 39 45" step and go directly to "/w all dial" step. the only way to profit from porting is basically to join them, which means that you must remove your porter from the guild that they were already in or suffer low client base on an already underpopulated server.

lets not forget that due to a lack of groups and a surplus of platinum, alot of druids turn to soloing. soloing is great xp, and can net you lots of loot, but not grouping during the 30s and 40s might leave some newer players a little lost when it comes to the mechanics introduced during that level range.
First paragraph is wrong, see the third post in this thread.

Also my main is a druid and nobody wants druids in groups for the most part unless they are the only healing option available.

Lastly why talk trash for druids soloing but not shamans, who are similar healers?
Old 08-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First paragraph is wrong, see the third post in this thread.
not sure what u mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lastly why talk trash for druids soloing but not shamans, who are similar healers?
people rarely roll shaman to make money porting people
Last edited by phacemeltar; 08-01-2016 at 05:49 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i really dont have the patience to try and explain this in explicit detail

But types a half page.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But types a half page.
thanks for reading [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Don't get it. Every time I turn off anon I get flooded with port requests.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

We will disband immediately for your convenience
Last edited by joppykid; 08-01-2016 at 06:54 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Orc

You could do that but then when people type /WHO ALL DIAL to get a port they might not find one. Its nice to know /WHO ALL DIAL is there when you need a ride fast. Just because some dont like /WHO ALL DIAL doesn't mean everyone feels that way. i have had many tell me how much they appreciate /WHO ALL DIAL.
thank you for the free advertising space. carry on.
Closed Thread