Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarokkr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically I have a few ideas to bring to the table. In my opinion, I would like to present 2 ideas that might have been commonly thought of, alas I have never seen them.

1.) Remove cross team healing.
2.) Bring all current existing pvp characters to blue as RED status. (priest of discord).
I think moved red chars to blue should have a cosmetic red player name without the typical discord drawbacks (i.e. cant be healed by nor buffed by non discord players), idk if thats even doable, but just to show where these chars came from as a badge of honor (or scarlet letter depending on who you ask).

As far as teams I'd go even further and say they need to be hardcoded, i.e. no grouping, healing, buffing, porting, bard songs, trading, etc between team lines. Hell I'd remove common tongue.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarokkr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2.) Bring all current existing pvp characters to blue as RED status. (priest of discord).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think moved red chars to blue should have a cosmetic red player name without the typical discord drawbacks (i.e. cant be healed by nor buffed by non discord players), idk if thats even doable, but just to show where these chars came from as a badge of honor (or scarlet letter depending on who you ask).
Both of these quotes.
Last edited by Christina.; 02-28-2020 at 10:41 PM..
Old 02-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Banned

Lots of great ideas in this thread by children, its unfortunate the adults dont care
Old 03-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

<3
Old 03-01-2020, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of great ideas in this thread
IKR? Lets see what develops!
Old 03-02-2020, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

Brogean and Nildog, you chaps make this happen (teams or seasonal - sounds good to me) and I'll bring as many VZTZ/TZ ppl as I can to play it.

Despite that most of us just ruined our social lives again with classic WoW + are adults with families, actual responsibilities, etc.

My armchair game designer recs are to go faster-than-classic on the exp rate and hardcode the teams if you do teams.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:33 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also would like to avoid 'good vs evil', because naturally.. everyone goes evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Team evil server gonna go as well as "just wipe it and roll it with 8 lvl range and xp loss" box

Im sitting here laughing how little they've learned from their mistakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This teams thing is gonna be a joke

I'll roll up, but it's gonna be evilfest then deader than this last one
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-02-2020, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Perhaps a movement of characters to blue then, then a refresh of regular Red 99 then? Hm.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:42 AM
Sarnak

Good vs evil worked on TZ/TZ, but 4 teams (what was originally intended by Verant) fell apart in just a few months.

More players went evil races obv but there were just 3 of them compared to good races having 9 plus classes inaccessible to darkies. I would guess the pop distribution was something like 55/45% in favor of lighties, if not 60/40.

It ended up being relatively balanced with the vanilla world layout lending to certain races having an advantage of controlling nearby dungeons. Darkies could more easily control Guk because they had Grobb/Oggok right there. Lighties had Mistmoore/Unrest. Solusek B was a toss up.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Banned

Have fun with another custom box yall

I AINT with it
Closed Thread