Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 01:02 PM
Orc

Unhappy Meditate did not aggro every mob always

I can recall plenty of times where a green animal in EC would path nearby, be aggro to me, but not attack even when medding.

Like you'd hear footsteps and be "omg what's there!" and pop out of the meditate book only to see it had just missed you.

The aggro radius for medding (especially not-in-combat) was certainly much smaller than like, 90 yards or whatever it is right now.

Kinda sucks that every lizard man constantly attacks you at the feerrott rings even at level 40+ when all you're trying to do is switch out a port location or something.

The only mobs I recall that were stupid enough to aggro a (higher level) medding char out of the blue (or just a random character of any level) were decaying skeletons, and sometimes regular ones.

(I feel like this would've been mentioned before but I've scanned game mechanics topics back through even the locked ones and can't find anybody mentioning this. Sorry if this is a repost.)
Last edited by knucklehead; 03-28-2020 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: added "higher level" to the type of meditating character that wouldn't just always get attacked by any mob
Old 04-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Meditating spoofs you being level 1 in regards to radius I believe. From there it is a matter of which school of thought you subscribe to in regards to agro radius. Either they were static or dynamic I have seen arguments for both with dynamic being the strongest contender in classic era. Rygar had looked into reasoning behind certain undead agro mechanics but I believe it was inconclusive. For the most part p1999 feels like the world that is talked about in decades old posts and sites. A great deal of that feeling came from reports detailing what was wrong(in many cases stemming from anecdotal experiences) and evidence supporting those assertions.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:41 PM
Orc

Dynamic aggro radius for meditate was definitely my experience.

If it was low enough level, the thing practically had to walk over your exact x,y coordinate to think about taking a shot at you.

Decaying skels were the bane of everyone everywhere though. Breaking invis at nek spires, aggroing 40+ people just for running by... tossing out that random RNG-defying stun to stop someone from fleeing a real threat on rare occasions. They can bring back that classic flavor for the skeletons anytime they want. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread