Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Forget str, he will be str capped, it's all about sta...
Old 06-10-2020, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

But do they have to gear sta at the expense of other stats at the highest tier or will they still cap sta by collateral when trying to max their hp pool, resists and stuff?
Old 06-11-2020, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

I looked at the velious raid gear suggestions, and it does like without even trying to accrue sta, the gear will provide roughly 160-170 points worth, which is just about close enough to bring the erudite to the cap without buffs.

The interesting thing to note is on p1999 resists are broken, and despite what the UI says, you can stack resists way over 255 and still get benefit. The 'real', 'hidden' cap seems to be four, maybe five hundred. Seeing as it seems any race can max their str / sta unbuffed with the minmax gear, but resists can't really be maxed, perhaps there is an argument the truest of the top SK minmax is in fact erudite, as they have a 5MR that no other races will ever get?!

(of course, that is just hypothetical, as I don't think very many knights at all would ever reach the full min max gearing, even with p1999's stretched timeframe.)
Old 06-11-2020, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know about the resist cap... Heard people saying yes and no... And I feel that when I have 330mr I resist fear more than with 255...hard to say if it's just sheer luck or if it's really the overcap resists...
Old 06-11-2020, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone got a magelo for a min maxed erudite sk (contradiction in terms, surely) vs ogre, iksar or troll?

How good gear does the erudite need before their starting str/sta feel like a penalty? Are there enough candyland stat hand outs to pad them to max (buffed/unbuffed) without having to sacrifice other considerations in gear?
I did post a Magelo of a Velious Raid Geared Erudite SK:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:EruditeSKMan

This could be tweaked to be a bit more balanced on resists, too. He is over 255 STR and STA with that gear.

Velious Tank gear heavily favors STR/STA. As I previously mentioned in this thread, you do not NEED to put any starting points into STR or STA. This includes Erudites. There are way more tank items that increase STR/STA than other stats. STR and STA get nice buffs too. You will get 50 STA from Riotous Health, and 135 STR from Maniacal Strength + Focus of Spirit. If you have a Primal weapon, you will get an additional +100 STR, +100 DEX, and +100 AGI.

If you want to Min/Max, you should do +5 AGI / +15 INT as your starting stats. INT is the only stat that cannot really be capped with Tank gear and buffs. See the Magelo I posted above. AGI and DEX on that Magelo can easily be maxed with buffs, but the Erudite's INT is only 198. At best, you will get +21 INT from Enlightenment, bringing total INT to 229.

That being said, I would still personally do +5 AGI/+15 STR if I rolled an Erudite. Tanks carry a lot of weight, and being overweight is much more hazardous (due to AGI/Run speed loss) than the bit of extra HP/Mana you would lose from not increasing STA/INT. My 56 Troll SK runs around with 115 weight. This is before he starts carrying coin, or any items looted from killing. This is also without Tink bags. He has a combination of WR bags ranging from 10%-70%.

The only exception would be if I was willing to spend a TON of money on the Erudite SK to twink him out. 8 Tink bags and some nice tank gear would certainly remove any serious problems with STR. If serious twinking is an option, then I would do +5 AGI / +15 INT, due to INT being the hardest stat to max on tank gear.

In terms of the resistances debate, I haven't heard of resistances being viable over 255. Even if that were the case, 5 MR would not be make or break. I still get feared on dragons when I am "over" 255 MR. It seems to be almost impossible to prove whether or not "over" resistances are helpful. I Don't think I have seen anyone completely immune to dragon fears. Frontal Stun Immunity or Regen will still give you more mileage than +5 MR. Most mobs that cast spells can be consistently resisted at 255 (if the spell is resistable). The ones that cannot be consistently resisted, such as dragon fears, seem to have no point at which you can consistently resist them.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-11-2020 at 11:01 AM..
Old 06-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

I agree on the 255 mr target, that's what I have with gmr... When I happen to be grouped with a bard I get way more, through I am unsure it really works, it's free when there's a bard around anyway
Old 08-09-2020, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Anybody know when Paineel is supposed to drop? I am itching to roll my heretical shadow knight!
Old 08-09-2020, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody know when Paineel is supposed to drop? I am itching to roll my heretical shadow knight!
http://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline...pment_timeline
Old 09-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have scrolled forums and don’t see exact date. I’m also new to green.

Do they normally just patch/add something like this with an FYI or do you know I’m advance? Trying to figure out exactly when in September I get to role my Erudite SK.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

I played an eru SK to 60 without twinking. It's super fun and fashionable . Get some flayed skin and a soul binder..BOOM ! you win eq fashion quest.

For lvling purposes I'd suggest 15 STR. 5agi. Just to make life easier. Min max isn't what it's about. Its the journey
Closed Thread