Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine fighting someone who while attacking you is skinning you alive slicing off strips of your skin with every slash while simultaneously making bandages out of your own skin they are nicking from you piece by piece, slice by slice, right in front of your face at the same time.

Its honestly one of the most low key brutal and humiliating weapons in the game.
What's even scarier is when you fight this character after they have been bandaging themselves. They would be walking around with a bunch of different skin pieces wrapped around their limbs.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

And still many believe there is no room for RP in EQ.

On Topic:
Danth, my friend, I'm thinkin Shadowknight can make a pretty strong case for BW if they're unable to reasonably assume a healer (like, say, your wonderful partner's Shaman) as a near constant companion. (The possibility of hanging out with you two are the only reason I still consider logging in to blue sometimes.)
Old 07-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Even when I'm alone the invigorate click renders bind wound largely moot. It heals either a little faster or a little slower than bind (contingent on whether the person in question has one of the presently-bugged 63 HP or the proper 90 HP invigorate pieces) but doesn't have the 50% health restriction and doesn't require bag space. Bind tends to only see use if I want to regain some health without breaking hide. Probably the bigger issue in my case is that I refuse to use combat bind on general principle: I regard it as an unintended exploit. Folks who use bind in combat should get a lot more use out of bandaging for obvious reasons.

Danth
Old 07-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

You can actually bandage from the actions window while casting invigorate. You just need to start casting before you hit bind wound, and switch to the main tab to press stand before the cast finishes.

It's a lot of button presses, but it's do-able.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:11 PM
Kobold

Dont mean to revive the post but it looks like Bind Wound in combat was nerfed. So sad.
As soon as you turn auto attack back on the bandage fails. I even got down to 40% health and finished off a mob. Targeted another mob how was out of range. Hit the BW macro and as soon as you turn auto attack on it fails.

So sad.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont mean to revive the post but it looks like Bind Wound in combat was nerfed. So sad.
As soon as you turn auto attack back on the bandage fails. I even got down to 40% health and finished off a mob. Targeted another mob how was out of range. Hit the BW macro and as soon as you turn auto attack on it fails.

So sad.
Yes, that does suck. But Bind Wound is still good for SKs after the nerf. SKs don't have a lot of out of combat healing options, and they can use Embalmer's Skinning Knife.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, that does suck. But Bind Wound is still good for SKs after the nerf. SKs don't have a lot of out of combat healing options, and they can use Embalmer's Skinning Knife.
O yeah totally agree. Still a great skill to have paired with Embalmer's Skinning Knife. I even love it on my mage! Nice to bump back to 50% when stuff gets crazy!
Old 09-01-2020, 12:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is mostly that most people just objectively don't know how good the benefit from bw is b/c it is so poor at low skill lvl...the average player just forgets about it.

The same guy would drop 60k on a fungi for a twink...but won't carry a few bags of bandages for like 40pp a haul.

At skill 100 (cap on green) you should get 25hp/bandage.
At skill 200 .................... you should get 50hp/bandage.
At skill 210 (class only).... you should get 84hp/bandage.

I believe the reuse (at least on the macro I use in game) is 10 seconds.

Skill 100 = (75hp/30 sec) = 15hp/tick
Skill 200 = (150hp/30 sec)= 30hp/tick
Skill 210 = (252hp/30 sec)= 50hp/tick

That means that for 40pp (cost to fill a few bags with pp) every single char has the equivalent of a fungi tunic. At skill 200 its like wearing 2 fungi tunics.

This would be moderately good for downing recovery time between fights, but you can use them in combat easily with a simple in game bind wound macro.

BW also doesn't break invis/hide/sneak.

It is one of the most OP pure melee abilities in the game without being hyperbolic. Folks literally twink out their toons with expensive low stat items, but don't even realize that for pennies that would be getting WAAAAY more utility/plat.

People just don't know is the only reason I can explain why they don't do it.
I wish I had read through this thread more closely before creating my own... don't I feel silly. For warriors, however, when does the pre-50 cap on Green go from 100 to 175 as per the wiki?
Old 09-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

So my first alt is a cleric. A few nights ago we had a rough fight. Killed the minotaur, tank had maybe 15-20% life. I'm OOM but have 2 stacks of bandages. Yep, start using BW....tank asks why I'm not medding. Well, this thread is why. Although my skill is only in the low 40's it'll eventually be way more viable.
Closed Thread