Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

Because I LOVE playing with 5 other players in a functional (sometimes, not to) group. The banter, mistakes & experiences. Some great times are had & it's why I play/ed EQ.

We tried Ragefire & it was painful.... Here we are.

Welcome to the server singer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Kobold

thanks shrub and six for your kind words and understanding and the welcome!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Few years ago I have played on the EQMac server and we had a cool static group with me and two others. It was great fun until we reached level 20 and they both started boxing. After that, there were so busy switching characters, they had no time to talk and grouping with them became boring.
Last edited by Voland; 08-29-2015 at 05:26 PM..
Old 08-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Kobold

There are so many other places you can box. Why do we need another place to box?
Old 08-31-2015, 01:16 PM
Large Rat

I was helped out by many boxers over the course of eqLive, even had one drag both his toons away from doing productive work just to babysit me in Najena; I mean literally sit there outside her door waiting to see if my first solo attempt on her would fail miserably. Most of my boxer experiences were tag teaming remote locales and using the pocket druid healer to negate downtime post combat. though the occasional extreme overpower burn shield was used. I never viewed those who used it as unfair advantage, was only ever jealous I didn't have the ability to instantly travel to other continents and be blessed with never ending speed boosts and 0 downtime. Never ran across any boxers camping my rare spawn quest npcs or anything. And I think mostly my acceptance of boxers lies in the fact they already got a toon to 50+, they already spent their time in the trenches, why not let them try out some new classes without returning to the pain of day one issues. Classic EQs biggest issue imo, were guilds gearing and power-leveling complete newbs polluting higher level pug groups and raids with kids that don't even know how to play their role.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Boxing will ruin the server entirely and will cause many to leave. Not playing the game the way it was intended to be played ect.

Pretty common sense really.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you Want to Box go someplace else. They will smack your Pee Pee on here and I will help them do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It would ruin this server just like the shithole live is, and the stupid progression server Ragefire is.

If you have to ask you lost my respect already. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What he said tbh
Old 08-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Banned

rules are rules. you may not box AT ANY TIME!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Orc

I boxed once. Got to level 35, everything was so easy. Got utterly bored and quit eq. Easy is not eq. If youre using the word easy and eq without not, you are paying this game wrong.

It reminds me of gta San Andreas. Was loving the game, then decided to use cheat codes. Got everything I wanted, quit the game in a matter of hours. Bored. Good things come to those who DON'T BOX.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Large Bat

Part of the appeal to p1999 is that is hard. Some stuff you will never be able to do alone. The people are what we mostly come here for. the server population and active guilds should make boxing unnecessary for someone who is motivated. besides it would get abused more than a red headed step child.
Closed Thread