Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy playing on Monk99 guys!
If only the devs fixed the FD-sneak pulling to the proper classic state : 65% memblur per mob and increasing with each successful feign, if you remember correctly a dev specifically said that they got it wrong (35% memblur and no increase). This was never fixed.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With only one hotbar how is it huge for Bards? That just made them the most difficult class to play in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All bard melee skills and damage went up and the epic effect works in off hand.

The hotbar still has clickable pages and I never used more than one hotbar, classic bro.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All bard melee skills and damage went up and the epic effect works in off hand.

The hotbar still has clickable pages and I never used more than one hotbar, classic bro.
I'm not complaining but I see a huge drop in Bard pop INC.

How good are the melee changes for them?

Obviously the Epic change is huge, but it's not a change the majority of the pop will ever get to experience due to White Scale.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not complaining but I see a huge drop in Bard pop INC.

How good are the melee changes for them?

Obviously the Epic change is huge, but it's not a change the majority of the pop will ever get to experience due to White Scale.
Well my blam stick main hand epic off hand is actually viable now. The hotbar thing doesn't matter to me.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Lol @ people freaking out about hotbars. I’ve only ever used 1 on p99. It’s not that serious. Time to try out the ranger/sk again!
Old 09-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

This patch was bad timing for me, getting rid of my UI and in turn getting rid of the freaking options menu button... was bad timing since I just got a new monitor. For anyone else having this problem press alt-o.

For the developers, I think you need to put the menu button back in the game, it doesn't matter if it isn't classic, because I need the menu button to do things like change my resolution.

Even if the menu button gives a competitive option it's going to be something new players need in order to get the game to display on their machine properly at all. I managed to crash the game entirely like 5 times before I got my resolution and windowed mode sorted out slash fixed.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Banned

I've been on the server since 2009. If I have to play with the velious UI up utnil the last 2 weeks of the server timeline, then I'll be retiring from the P99 servers altgoether. Everquest is painful enough without intentionally making the UI as dumb as possible.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Rogean: [Oct2001] Monks can now Triple Attack, and now have a minimum damage for Flying Kick.
At what level do monks unlock Triple Attack? 60 right?
Last edited by gkmarino; 09-08-2019 at 12:05 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what level do monks unlock Triple Attack?
Old 09-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

EXCELLENT PATCH!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=157229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So as everyone knows. We should be rolling with classic UIs:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or with the Velious UI:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These UIs were excellent, and classic. They had certain restrictions. Restrictions which we are currently not bound by. After seeing the classicness that the devs were able to do with the compass, song and map windows... I'm wondering if you can work magic again to make this server even more classic.
  1. Hotbars - We should be limited to a single 10-slot hotbar through the duration of this server.
  2. Chat Windows - We should be limited to a single *but resizeable and filterable* chat window for the entire life of the server.
  3. Percentages - EQ Interfaces weren't able to display percentages for HP/Mana/Stamina in windows until after the Luclin UI was introduced. IE late 2003
  4. Mana Value - You shouldn't be able to display a mana value in your inventory window until July 2004
  5. Combat Ability Window - We shouldn't have this yet
  6. Buff Timers - You shouldn't be able to hold ALT or hover over individual buffs and find out how much longer they have.
  7. Item Links - You shouldn't be able to look at/create item links. This was a September 2002 addition.
  8. Makeleader - This shouldn't function until July 2002
  9. Pet Window - This window wasn't added until July 2002
  10. Cycle Target Hotkey - This hotkey wasn't added until April 2004

For 1,2,5,9,10 is there any way to disable these like you did the Map/Compass?
For 3,4,6,7,8 I'm guessing these are client side and tough to fix?

Lets get some non-classic UI features out of this box!
This post was made in 2014, it looks like they've addressed #1 and #9 in this patch. #6 was addressed in a previous patch.

I hope to see the removal of Cycle target hotkey and the chat windows limited to a single chat window in the near future.

Also disabling the scroll wheel from 1st to 3rd person is a huge deal that needs to happen in a future patch. Being able to view your environment more easily make the game too easy. You should need to fumble through various F9 views and pan around to see what you want to see in classic.

Great patch all around though!
Closed Thread