Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Kobold

Default Paineel and Erudite SKs

Is anyone else waiting for Erudite SKs to be available as a tank option? If so, is it mainly Str and Int to stack along with HP/AC gear later on?
Old 06-05-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anyone else waiting for Erudite SKs to be available as a tank option?
No, unless your into RP or dark odus immersion.
Erudite being one of the Int SK options, DE is already avaiable for Int based SK
Troll/Ogre being the min/max choice depending on playstyle.

creation pooints for SK are 20, Erudite already eats up 5 to achieve 75 agi. Leaving 15 to to put into Sta for 90 sta, 117 int.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If so, is it mainly Str and Int to stack along with HP/AC gear later on?
Sta & Int, SK doesn't do much melee damage, they're more geared towards pulling,tagging,trash mob tanking. So you want Sta for hitpoints and Int for your mana pool. Only enough STR to carry gear, loot, coin.

By the end of velious they get a melee damage buff. But at that point stats should be no problem for any race/class if you dedicate yourself to it.

SK tanks through spell agro.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-05-2020 at 03:47 PM..
Old 06-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Erudite SKs are definitely cool af. I'd probably put some points into STR to help with encumbrance, but as Baler said, do 5 into AGI and any remaining points into STA.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Depends on your plans for this character.

If you care about Min/Max (relative to an Erudite), and you want to take this character all the way to Velious, then don't put points into STR. You should be able to hit 255 STR easily with gear + Maniacal Strength + Focus of Spirit.

You are also going to get a lot of STA gear, and Riotous health. An Erudite with Riotous Health and Enlightenment has 125 STA and 138 INT, assuming they are naked, and no points were put into either stat on creation. This means putting 15 points into STA is only going to make you even with your INT, at best. In many cases, an SK would not want to waste a spell slot on Enlightenment, and tank gear tends to prefer STA over INT.

With the previous comments on STR and STA, INT becomes the hardest stat to max, and therefore the best place to put your points in the long run. This means +5 AGI/ +15 INT. You will suffer for a good portion of the game, however, with the low STR. My Troll SK has about 115 stones of equipment he carries around. This is before coin or farmed items come into my inventory.

That being said, a large mana pool isn't a huge bonus for SKs. My Troll SK rarely (if ever) has a serious mana issue caused by lack of max mana. This is why big races tend to be the best choice for Min/Max. The loss of STR/STA due to hitting the 255 cap early isn't a big deal, due to the marginal gains from max mana. They also get two nice bonuses: Slam and regen/frontal stun immunity. These bonuses are 100% better than max mana.

In conclusion, if you don't want to go super Min/Max, then +5 AGI/+15 STR would be the best choice, for the sanity you will have while leveling up your character. Being overweight all the time is going to suck way more than the extra HP you lose. If you want to go super Min/Max, do +5 AGI/+15 INT to get the most gains out of your endgame Velious gear.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-05-2020 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-05-2020, 10:50 PM
Kobold

I think an Erud SK who has Blacksmithing to make steelsilk armor would be cool as hell. However, this is just to win at fashionquest as Erud SKs seem pretty bad gameplay wise.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

I strongly disagree with DeathsSilkyMist's "super" min/max of +15 int for an erudite sk. You'll be living hell in classic/kunark.

If you roll ogre/troll, yes +15 int is fine. But we're talking Erudite, the highest base int race in the game..

You'll want that STA on your Erudite SK, Regardless of shaman buffs and gear. The more base STA you have, the easier it will be to fill in other items such as +HP and +Mana
Which you otherwise would be debating on for a piece of gear with +sta
Don't forget to mention that if you're geared up in Resist gear, you'll still have that creation +sta working in your favor for hp.

If you really want to get into the "super" min/max. There is a healthy balance between stats and raw +hp/mana gear. Make a magelo on the wiki or look at other SK's Magelo

Bug report in the works for putting a massive flat cap on mana gained after 200 int/wis. So I wouldn't be banking on hitting 255 int, you'll only gain 55-110-165 more mana for that 55 int.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=232455
Last edited by Baler; 06-05-2020 at 10:56 PM..
Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Erudites will be in a "living hell" in Classic/Kunark, regardless of where you put those 15 points. Having 70 starting strength is terrible for any plate class. This is why players don't pick Erudite SKs. I also stated maximum mana isn't very useful on an SK. That is another reason why people don't pick Erudite SKs. I am talking about the best starting stats for an Erudite, not the best race for an SK.

"Super Min/Max" assumes you are shooting for BiS endgame Velious. You can take your own suggestion and create a Magelo as an Erudite with the best raid gear an SK can get. You will cap out on your STR and STA, while still being being well under 255 INT. Currently the Erudite SK I made is at 255 STR, 255 STA, and 208 INT. That is after putting the 15 points into INT. This is what "Super Min/Max" means. You want to minimize the amount of points you lose by going over 255 on a stat. Getting +100 mana is better than the +0HP and +0ATK you are getting from all those points over 255.

If you do not care about "Super Min/Max", then STR is the second best choice. As I said before, my Troll SK is at 115 stones of weight, with all of his extra gear being in 50% WR bags or better. This is also without coin. Without good WR bags, that's more like 150 stone. Being overweight for a long period of your characters life will be very annoying. Hard to get places, hard to run away. By the time you can afford 8 Tink bags, you will be in a position where your starting stats do not affect your current play style.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Share the Magelo
Old 06-06-2020, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Sure!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:EruditeSKMan
Old 06-06-2020, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a Palladius` Axe of Slaughter?
If so, then everyone listen to this guy,. He has Vulak loot.

I'll concede if that's true.
You can literally do anything you want with the 20 creation points with gear like that. That's like luclin gear.
Last edited by Baler; 06-06-2020 at 01:12 AM..
Closed Thread