Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 03:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree the crown is better. Fungi is pretty redundant on a paladin once you get into the 50s and your mana becomes more and more valuable as you get higher.
Yup, I am firmly a believer to build hybrids around mana, and tanking 2ndary.

Simply dont need 1400 ac to tank group content.

(Not trying to start an argument)
Old 06-21-2020, 07:32 AM
Aviak

If you build around the cleric's mana, then ac and hp is the way to go. It's rare to be in a full group without a bard or enc, but obviously FT is valuable in those situations.
I don't play with long AFKs to med up, so a large mana pool seems a waste compared to other priorities.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

It’s highly dependent on level. Fungi to about 50 on old world mobs is very powerful. At a point though even a DW Helm is going to trounce it’s recovery (let alone a DW BP). At that point tho FT2 is silly it’s going to help keep up with root mana which should be all the mana you are spending. I think a coldain ring and cheap ds pots would really expedite your grind too.

I leveled my pally mostly solo to 60. It was quite easy without anything notable but a DW Helm and reaver from like lvl 42 on. Slow killing compared to most classes but being almost unkillable is a nice perk.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

For leveling, fungy without any hesitations... For your proper raid gear definitely the crown...
Old 06-21-2020, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Not trying to start an argument)
https://youtu.be/PIX82ebwHM4

Good points in this thread. Other than roots for jousting, the occasional emergency calm can buy enough room in narrow corridors and intersections to keep the dungeon crawl going.The soothe from DW vambraces isn't fast enough to avoid aggroing pathers/small trains mid-fight, so that little extra mana drip goes a long way.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

Just my thoughts on the whole thing. I have dw helm,bp, crown and fungi. I tend to wear the fungi all the time when I solo and grouping. It reduces the work on the healer. It paired with jeldorin can keep you in the fight all the time. Using mana just for stuns and yaulps doesn't drain to much. Hp/mana ratio I feel after the fight is like a 4 to 1 ratio. What I mean by that is once the fight is over I pop off two heals sit and med and let Regen finish off my HP bar and mana fills up about that same time. I guess if you like utilizing the helm/bp click instead of medding it might not matter, but I feel with the time you are stuck standing using clicks you will eventually run out of mana. So I guess the helm vs fungi would be the helm since you are standing the whole time.
Tldr if you have to pick go with helm.