Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default UI Not Working Properly Green Server

My UI seems to be not working properly, I have tried to download the files in this post including the default Titanium UI files but when I tried to load it I get an error message: "Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files. certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Default 1" to load the EverQuest default skin. When I type that command nothing changes.

I can't see a spell book icon under my spell bars and I don't have an EQ button, which I am used to from playing EQ long ago. I also can't open a 'Friends' window or other windows which do show up in my keys settings. I am stuck so any advice would be so great right now.

I did use 'Add/Remove Programs' to modify and repair the P99 disks in case there was something in the data but that had no effect. I am running Windows 10.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000008 1.jpg (18.2 KB, 72 views)
Old 08-04-2020, 10:20 PM
Large Bat

Same bud.
Ive been troubleshooting and researching for 4 hours with no luck.
Game is installed in root drive directory. All the games executables are set to run as admin.
Ive tried the stuff listed here : https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11949

seems like a common issue. surely someone has it figured out
Old 08-04-2020, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

If you are seeing a Done button, try this thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=338691
Old 08-04-2020, 11:58 PM
Large Bat

Interesting thing happens when I delete /Velious ui folder :https://ibb.co/wsjxMnm

Changed the .ini file "UI_*Character Name*_P1999Green" for UISkin=velious to UISkin=Default and automatically reverts itself after save.

Opened .XML file that gave me error and found nothing of interest. Ugh.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:08 AM
Large Bat

Would anyone out there like to share whole UI folder for testing!?
Old 08-05-2020, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

i would suggest downloading a custom ui and copy/replace the contents of it into the "velious" folder inside the uifiles folder in your eq folder, preferably something basic that doesnt give you a ton of features frowned upon on green.

qqui is a good one : https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...highlight=qqui

P.S. the EQ button and friends windows are disabled on classic as they are not... classic. The spellbook should still be openable with a keybind despite there being no spellbook icon.
Last edited by Bones; 08-05-2020 at 02:32 AM..
Old 08-05-2020, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Try renaming UI_CharName_P1999Green.ini to UI_CharName_P1999Green.ini.bac
renaming CharName_P1999Green.ini to CharName_P1999Green.ini.bac
ranaming eqclient.ini to eqclient.ini.bac
Get the latest patch off the home page as of this post that is V53 and make sure the contents of the uifiles overwrite properly.

Quote:
Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files. certain windows may not perform correctly
This means nothing, ignore this message.
If you're using the UI files distributed by P99 you should not be seeing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would suggest downloading a custom ui
I strongly advise against this. If they cant even get the base velious ui to function without problems. They'll sure as hell be unable to use anything modified because on green several things are locked off from use. Meaning if you try to use them, you now have a UI that's unable to load and you won't be able to log in until you fix it or redownload the default velious ui from the patch.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-05-2020 at 07:06 AM..
Old 08-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I strongly advise against this. If they cant even get the base velious ui to function without problems. They'll sure as hell be unable to use anything modified because on green several things are locked off from use. Meaning if you try to use them, you now have a UI that's unable to load and you won't be able to log in until you fix it or redownload the default velious ui from the patch.
yes thats why you backup the original velious ui folder of course [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

furthermore if you read his post and look at his screenshot, other than the spell book icon in his spell window not being there, which isnt that much of an issue, he doesnt really appear to have anything seriously wrong going on. And as you already stated, the error message he is getting can be completely ignored. The "main" problems he is experiencing are because hes trying to use non-classic windows that are disabled while thinking he is having a UI problem

TBH he really doesnt need to do anything at all
Old 08-05-2020, 04:39 PM
Large Bat

Upon further reading, Green server is locked to one UI. Very unfortunate.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the suggestions/feedback. Obviously it's been a very long time since I played classic and I didn't realize that what I was used to was upgraded content. I appreciate the help everyone!!