Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Aviak

Cool Hello everyone! First time EQ player here.

Hi, I'm Zehrikrom and I'm completely new to the EverQuest series.
I played World of Warcraft since patch 4.2, but I never was able to cough up the money to subscribe for more than a month. My WoW experience ended after figuring out that literally everything in the game worth mentioning happened at level cap. I then switched to DDO for a while, but the whole click to attack mechanism drove me away, it felt odd in an MMO. Eventually I found a vanilla WoW server, Emerald Dream, that provided 1x rates on everything, but surprise! Everyone, or almost everyone, still had the mentality that if you were below level cap, you were a failure in life and should uninstall, level up, or kill yourself. It was fun though, and I met some wonderful people on the server.

In the end, I looked for another MMO that had more to offer in the middle of the road level wise. That's how I came across Project 1999.

So far, my Iksar Shaman is level 3, I died 5 times so far, four of which were from fall damage. This game is terribly, soul crushingly, brutally hard.
And I'm loving every minute of it.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome good sir! If you need a helpful guild, look for me in game. Can get you on the right path [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Skeleton

The first time you LOSE A LEVEL from dying you will realize just exactly how soul crushing this game is hehehehe. I remember I had to DING level 24 seven times on the live servers before I kept it.

Bad groups, bad pulls, bad decisions.... whatever, but you keep on playing. EverCrack is a helluva drug.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 AM
Orc

welcome to you!!! like i said wait till you are with a group deep in a dungeon and its late and you say 1 more mob before logging off and you wipe... lol
Old 04-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Skeleton

Welcome to Norrath!! I hope you will enjoy your stay here =)

/Lalenya
Old 04-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome aboard. EQ offers a good experience at all levels in my opinion. Dungeon content is fun all the way down.

P99 wiki has a bunch of great info if you have yet to discover it. Save your bone chips that you collect you can sell them to player for much more than merchants. Also seek out some groups, because social nature of the game is key to having fun.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehrikrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far, my Iksar Shaman is level 3, I died 5 times so far, four of which were from fall damage. This game is terribly, soul crushingly, brutally hard.
And I'm loving every minute of it.
At least you didn't start in Kelethin (wood elf city high up in the trees)

does WoW teach you to jump off high places o_o
Old 04-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Hello fellow Oregonian! Im over in Portland. Welcome to the server. I just started a couple weeks ago with an enchanter named Mawes. Send me a tell in game if you have any questions. This game is very unforgiving which makes it the best mmo out there still to this day.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Orc

Forget about the cap, it's the climb to the top that's so much fun. Welcome to the game!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Kobold

One thing... most the people on this server are awesome but there are a few that will try to take advantage of noobs. Bone chips sell for 10p a stack. Spider and spiderling silk stacks go for 20p. So hang on to those. I've had a couple people who thought I was a noob offer way less.
Closed Thread