Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strawman.

The baby is the original IP. It's canon for the baby to be a girl.
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
debateable.

wot came first -- the pucci or the nut?
hush, ZygoteGeist
Old 03-14-2019, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm picturing a gold mine. The gold mine has peasent's paid a living wage mining the gold. Soldiers collecting the gold and keeping order, and the king who gathers all the gold and pays the peasants and soldiers.

You say its the peasent's fault for complaining about the king. But you can just as easily point the blame at the king for underpaying them, or the soldiers for upholding a corrupt system.

Who is actually producing the gold however? Who is actually creating the wealth and not redirecting it? Who is really the most replaceable party in the system?

While the king is managing the operation -- he is certainly collecting more than reward than he produces himself. The peasants however, the peasants are always paid less then they produce...far less.

And that's ok when paying for the expenses of management and order. But not for the surplus. Owning the goldmine is just a mechanism for theft of the actual productive forces.

It seems fair only because those smart enough to understand this want to be king someday.
you're hung up on fairness and blame where there is none.

fact is, there's an optimum level of pay to give the peasants to keep them pacified and to maintain the stratification necessary to keep the gold mine in operation. If the king underpays, he's not "cheating the peasants"; he is flirting with death. If the king overpays, peasants gain the purchasing power to develop microcosms of violent authority and seize the mine. Gangs fight over the mine. Until a group unifies under a stratified hierarchy and dominates. Thereby reattaining the "steady state" of human organization.

there's an optimum and it has nothing to do with cheating or who's fucking who -- except that peons ought to be paid enough not to suffer terribly, grow embittered about those things, and resort to violence. I am not complaining about people's tendency to that type of thinking; I am stating it as a fact and describing it as abstractable into cash money. And I am asking you to try to take in the whole picture instead of rooting yourself in the perspective of the peasant who is angry.

Democracy provides a means to flexibility -- that is, instead of things getting so bad that the system cracks and the king gets burned alive by a mob, we will provide UBI and health care by vote. Just be patient and don't be so mad in the meantime! be meta with me ^^
Last edited by America; 03-14-2019 at 07:19 PM..
Old 03-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order to prevent my p99 personality devolving into:

Attachment 10712

I decided to lay off Israel a bit.

I think the big issues the right will never solve is baseline healthcare and education. They seem to avidly against it and I'm not sure why. People need baseline housing, education, healthcare, and food in order to thrive.

This isn't the cave days, none of us individually earned everything we enjoy from being part of an advanced industrial economy. Many of the self-identified libertarians here would probably have to admit they benefited from someone else providing these things for them.

Why get so damn self-righteous about other people getting the same? Were supposed to be a meritocracy right? People should have enough -- if the country can afford it -- so that they can't blame their most life circumstances on bad luck.

So that they can take accountability and buy into the America meritocratic myth. A baseline safety net and a better school-to-work pipeline would probably prevent a lot of wasted talent from my perspective.
my only concern is provision without responsibility. people rot if overwatered. it's a real problem. People don't learn or grow without doing and hardship is an integral component of a meaningful life.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my only concern is provision without responsibility. people rot if overwatered. it's a real problem. People don't learn or grow without doing and hardship is an integral component of a meaningful life.
Yea its not like anyone ever killed themselves from being unemployed or homeless.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also think over-watering is a problem. I just disagree on who is at risk of "over-watering" in this society.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Banned

I'm embittered but I would rather be pals with my betters than squashed like a nameless attacking ant.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm embittered but I would rather be pals with my betters than squashed like a nameless attacking ant.
just mate with one. it's not like it's his fault that he won the game. aka why you oughtn't be mad.

leafs in the wind! And the wind is changing *rapidly*.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yea its not like anyone ever killed themselves from being unemployed or homeless.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also think over-watering is a problem. I just disagree on who is at risk of "over-watering" in this society.
it can occur at any level without discipline and more often than not, you find that lacking in unsuccessful families, as well as the mega rich whose wealth is protected by trust funds, which I think is a problem. everyone should have to work. people become miserable without work.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it can occur at any level without discipline and more often than not, you find that lacking in unsuccessful families, as well as the mega rich whose wealth is protected by trust funds, which I think is a problem. everyone should have to work. people become miserable without work.
yep. yep. the squalid states these people fall into, dragging down their families, are pitiable as heck. as bad as poverty. a worse state than the manual laborer who at least has a connection to God and nature and isn't wracked by drugs. it's why the pomp and ceremony, and responsibility, of power are necessary. Endless fortunes behind no-tradition EverQuest playing alcoholics are not a boon.

I wouldn't mind it tho if the work of my life became to present myself pretty and royal in public regularly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep. yep. the squalid states these people fall into, dragging down their families, are pitiable as heck. as bad as poverty. a worse state than the manual laborer who at least has a connection to God and nature and isn't wracked by drugs. it's why the pomp and ceremony, and responsibility, of power are necessary. Endless fortunes behind no-tradition EverQuest playing alcoholics are not a boon.

I wouldn't mind it tho if the work of my life became to present myself pretty and royal in public regularly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant rot, failure to develop into a productive human being, can occur at any level. it happens more often at the bottom because it is difficult to acquire the behavioral resources necessary for success if they are not already in the family. money doesn't fix everything.

I liked the last sentence in that first paragraph though lol

Also, your choice of work isn't a bad aspiration either.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I meant rot, failure to develop into a productive human being, can occur at any level. it happens more often at the bottom because it is difficult to acquire the behavioral resources necessary for success if they are not already in the family. money doesn't fix everything.

I liked the last sentence in that first paragraph though lol

Also, your choice of work isn't a bad aspiration either.
i got what you meant silly ^^ my post reflects it!~
Closed Thread