Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 04:11 AM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id play a permadeath EQ server, but this game is just not good enough for me to put myself through permadeath haha, its fun but not that fun!

I dont even think Id like to play it again as a second class, or even the expansion, maybe, idk, we'll see how I feel after I play through the full story. That's cool that you're in levant, apparently if you join a guild and get the main quest storyline going, you have 20 in game days to complete a few things or else like, idk you lose or something, so be careful! I haven't joined one yet, I'm still iddling on the first quest. Now Im just starting to get going now that I'm pretty much fully geared out with all the skills. I just killed one of those spooky creatures wit the cow skull heads that have the blue butterflies flying around them. And a Manticore I killed one of those!

I like to make NPCs fight, I kited like 9 bandits to a giant and they got whooped, but it was awesome to see. It had this huge halbread that was just knocking em all down with WOOSH! WOOSH! they'd all go flying haha. Then I shot arrows in the giants head as the fight finished and the last two fell at the same time. NPCs hate each other more in this game than they do in EQ lol

Pistols are very fun, I think 1h sword and pistol in the offhand would be a very fun character to try a second time maybe. There's a rogue sweep kick that knocks people down if they are confused, so maybe a 1h sword attack that causes confusion, sweep kick, then shoot them in the face while they lay there with you standing over them like a gangster.

There are some really cool quests, one where you have to put a skeleton together and he's pretty funny.

Another one where you have to solve an elevator puzzle, with all these leavers. I kept thinking, if this quest was in EQ Snortles would sit at the leavers for 10hrs a day so people couldn't complete it, and how I would enjoy reading post after post about that.

Its a good solo (duo) rpg with a lot of good EQ vibes, if you're looking for a game to play through with a partner or something that is into games like EQ, but not into eq. I recommend this one for 39$ but yeah, Mag is very right, its far from EQ, but its also weirdly close if you imagine hard enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but either way it is certainly a fun single playthrough at least.

I found the rogue trainer, if you go around the wall of lavant to the right, around the back is a door to the slums and it takes you right there! FYI

BTW bleeding is super OP in this game, I use this Elk Bow that gives Pain, (that's a 25% bonus to Dots), I use Bleed shot with it (that I got in Berg) Which is a Dot, so thats' a big dot right off the bat with a double debuff/dot for the first shot, then I hot swap to my horror bow and hit them to apply poison, an effect of the bow (which gets the bonus as well), then I run up and shot them in the face with my fire pistol, that sets them on fire putting the 3rd dot on them, at that point if they're not dead, I just run around in circles until they are, that's how I beat the big baddy cow face thing and the manticore, if you're having trouble with combat, seek the bleeds!

Also in outdoor zones, making NPCs fight is an extremely OP strat fyi even if you do zero damage you get the loot lol wtf! But just make sure you don't get caught in the middle with no stam.
Don't forget the game is full of traps to. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When I was running around the little area by Styx, I kinda got a deus ex vibe too.

There's just so much charm sprinkled around. I wish they had 100 million for a budget and could escape from the Unity engine. It is fun. The combat is fine. The varied skill builds add lots of flavor. Normally, I couldn't look past a few things, but they don't detract from my enjoyment in this game.
Closed Thread