Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Seriously? Beyonce?

If there was any justice in the world of p99 they'd ban all 37 of your accounts for 30 days just for you being such a shameless asshat.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

beyonce plays eq?
Old 04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
Orc

Beyoncé does the whole paying to be pl'd thingy.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beyoncé does the whole paying to be pl'd thingy.
lolllllll

<The A-Team>
Old 04-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Kobold

Kaev, please spell out exactly what I did wrong. I made a wizzy named Beyonce just yesterday and have been leveling her up by myself....never got powerleveled and am level 7 currently. Before you spit out server-wide slander, I'd like you to spell out exactly what your accusation is?

I've been thinking over what I could've possibly done to annoy someone on EQ since I made the toon and I can't even think of anything. Never even had a camp to contest yet anyway
Last edited by Selene; 04-02-2020 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Personal information
Old 04-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Unless, you're thinking of someone who used the name before I created the character yesterday? Because this is my first time playing with this name, and have never had more than 1 account. The guides/GMs can verify this.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

There's this new thing on Green where people get really upset about names that aren't fantasy themed and they go "tell on you." According to the naming policy that was very loosely enforced until recently you can't have names after famous people in real life or even spell those names backwards.

In how many years on Blue it was never "a thing" unless your name was blatantly offensive. Its always been part of "the rules" but it was never enforced. It is now only enforceable by players reporting to GMs then you have to change your name.

Of all the "rules" neckbeards on this server are going to care about its not exploiting clickies its....names lol. Its pretty ridiculous really

<The A-Team>
Old 04-02-2020, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Oh i see. Except Beyonce is a real name and its French, why can't that be fantasy themed? However, if the GMs do wish me to change my name I am happy to do so. I don't understand why Kaev had to be so upset and then accuse me as if I have "37 accounts"? Like seriously, that is really messed up.

Kaev you should be ashamed of yourself
Old 04-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

You made a good case for your name being just a regular French name but really the GMs are judge jury and executioner when it comes down to whether or not you can keep it. It would never hold up in court if anybody ever wanted to sue the powers that be because of this issue.

Of all the crazy stupid shit that goes on on this server I really "don't get it" when people get really mad about names that aren't overtly racist or offensive. Its ridiculous.

It seems one of every two names on this server is something like "Dank Nugs" or "Moist Vagina" or "Helenhealsalot" or "Pullyn Trains" and theres really nothing that can be done to effectively enforce it. And someones gonna go get really mad your name is...Beyonce. Unbelievable.

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 04-02-2020 at 04:43 PM..
Old 04-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Large Bat

I had a char on green named similar but not correct spelling of kim khardashian and that day I did my surename the staff took it from me....just a week ago a high lvl bard in Kingdom I saw has a name similar but not all the way correct spelling to billie eilish and apparently its ok...
Perhaps its just the ppl you know and rub elbos with that determines if your name gets nerfed?
Closed Thread