Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

I remember reading about someone who was killing city leaders, or maybe it was just Kaladin's king for faction or something. Not sure I'd do much of it for the faction reasons you said, but who knows what interesting fights are out there.

Personally I want to focus more on Velious mobs, but it would be worth revisiting some classic zones. I've been getting my AC up on Ploktor and can put out a 78 damage shield, which tears up those low HP mobs.

Another "sensitive" issue with this is getting buffed. I don't fault anyone for getting a full set of buffs before going into a big fight, but to an extent it's less impressive. There are arguments to go both ways. Personally I don't really care what the "rules" are about buffs, I'll rock c2 if it some long and arduous kill or some crazy setup (I'd need c2 for my stomples/sniffles idea to be viable, I think), but I'll rarely bother to get the gambit of HP buffs from others.

Iceclad, toss in Lodi, but that's a good one for a "kill 5 of 10 in this list" style system due to the long spawn and highly contested nature.
ToFS Would love to play around in this zone but haven't done it. Maybe soloing the whole tower to the top is something for this list?
Can't think of anything for EW or GD and I haven't played in the dungeons off those zones much. GD has a named wurm I think, but not sure how hard it is. Velks has a bunch; Velks also needs some animal flagged mobs.
Kael is hard to move around in and has some beefy mobs, 2x named gladiators, named before Vindi, armor of zek? (quest mob and very hard to get to solo but probably soloable), not sure what would be worth killing to the north. I'd say plate cycle but those mobs mostly cast and break charm, but I mean who said this should be easy.
WL has three high lvl (54?) named giants, some angry (and non faction?) unicorn or something? I say leave the fawns alone.
Add PoG if you're crazy. Killing just one mob here solo would probably be impressive, maybe do-able if not KoS?
There's probably something good in CS but I don't know it.
SG is definately a playground zone for this thread, but there's so little loot and named are random as far as I know. We should focus on this zone and start to name camps and add locations to the zone map!
WW has the +6 and a bunch of other dragons.
DN probably has a bunch of good stuff, but I don't really know the zone well.
ToV is probably out, but maybe a shaman could do something crazy here on the right trash mob?
PoM: A4 is kind of the entry level stuff, moving up to Puppets (in order), the stallions, sniffles/stomples (my eye is on soloing him, no clickies), and that's probably it? Hailing the mob named Life should also be a requirement; fraps or it didn't happen.

Fear is basically dead now. The trash is the same as it was and the golems aren't soloable.
Hate makes me shudder at the thought of going up there to solo and dealing with the CR.
Sky I still can't see a solo going very far, we did a lot of small number stuff in sky with A Team and that was fun; would be cool with velious gear but it won't happen. Maybe the first efreeti solo? contested mob tho

HS/Seb same old same old
Cliff golems, efreeti, ragefire, named fire giants, ixiblat, maybe some of the weaker 32k dragons? spawned fay? spawned VS? chardok royals (and new chardok mobs later), not much in KC but maybe one or two mobs, etc.

It's more fun to get people going after a new challenge than to stress over all the rules and regulations. That's also why Duo was a fun part of the old challenge, because likeminded people can work really well together, it allows for obvious and non-obvious combos of classes to mess around and trade ideas. Also lets the melee/healer combos have some fun. More then a duo quickly becomes less impressive expect for the small handfull of fights that can't be solo or duo'd.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Hey now, I usually did my own CRs! There were quite a few times my backup charisma gear and clickies in the bank helped me recover from the ol quad-harmtouch-of-doom attack.

Some of us have enough virtual and RL skills to be able to accomplish something in RL and something in P99 in a single 24-hour period [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This shit is about what's fun for the people who are actually doing it. Some of the people like to do it with minimal/no clickies. Some don't. If you don't think Svenn soloing the sebilite protector was bad ass just because he used strings in the process, then you're dumb. If you don't think Loraen soloing spore king was great just because he didn't one shot it while naked, then you're dumb. Etc.

This is fun, yeah. I wanted to sponsor a low-level SAC back when I was still playing Tecmos, but then I got caught up in something else with my plat instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lies. Just more BS that people who got butthurt when Loraen didn't change the challenge to fit exactly what every random person who whined about clickies wanted.

Necros and chanters RARELY used strings. Eventually they had to qualify their kill as using strong clickies if they did. And shamans only needed strings to kill shit that was crazy impossible to kill otherwise; they regularly were in the back of HS east or crypt or whatever killing stuff with a wolf pet. A lot of the people who did the original SAC didn't even own strings (like me).

And, again, anyone with more even half a brain understands that when some cleric posts that he solod DS using 6 string charges and a pre-nerf clicky BP, it's a fun thing for him and a novelty to read about but nobody was claiming more than that.

Wow. Aren't we defensive? I agree with the poster above. Take a deep breath, and go outside.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

I'm still totally unsure whether or not to allow strings. On one hand, it sucks to gimp so many classes and, as Tecmos said, "not let the clerics have some fun too".

On the other hand, I don't want the challenge to become a Strings Artist Challenge.

How about we start working on zones and mob lists, and leave these (albeit important) details for later?

I've put together a really quick'n'dirty wordpress website.
Let's start with Velketor's Labyrinth. Once we have that zone down, we can work on another.

https://p99solo.wordpress.com/velketor/

The existing page is a draft, I didn't kill or even attempt all Velk's mobs myself, I pretty much put there the ones I have personal experience with. A ton are missing - some dogs, mobs at the castle area (Bledrek and stuff).

Please discuss. I'm sure more tiers will be necessary than the 8 I outlined there.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. Aren't we defensive? I agree with the poster above. Take a deep breath, and go outside.
Madness, I know. Someone who enjoyed the original SAC immensely having quite a bit to say about a new one to people who just complain about people enjoying the original SAC immensely.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

One zone at a time? Guess you'll get this up and running about the time luclin drips on this server...

Jokes aside, did you read my posts? Strings make the impossible possible, but I always wanted to no string kill it if I could. The best kills were either no strings or they were astonishing with strings as to blow your mind. It's as simple as an asterisk. It can also be a question of luck; on some fights a break is death, but strings can save you from RNG. Allowed or not people will post string kills, and since you can't edit the OP... it all hardly matters.

It's all about having fun. The fun here is bragging rights; no one has to care if they aren't impressed
Old 04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to see them reopen the beta server and beta copy, then see who can 6-box the most impressive content.

Because solo artist, meh. Playing one character is boring and limits you to a charmer or a Shaman.

But allowing you to pick a 6 box crew where you're responsible for all actions in the kill will separate the pros from the scrubs.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Kobold

I box 4 groups on ezserver simple with MQ.

Trying to box more than a few toons on beta was frustratingly hard. Props to anyone that can manage.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Boxing is really where EQ skill comes in if you do it legit without MQ2. Far more things to keep track of and do. Just one character in Velious though... just a RNG question of "did I Slow the mob, if yes I win" or "did Charm break, if no I win".
Old 04-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

I think it should be a point system. Assign points to mobs. Higher difficulty and you get higher points.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Only clickies that should be allowed are "easily obtainable" clickies (like goblin earring, ES arms, etc...). Things like soulfire and puppet strings kind of kill the point, which is soloing using your class. The problem with allowing strings is that they are a very expensive item which 1% of the P1999 population has access to. Obviously they are more of an equalizer (i.e. no way a druid is soloing things an ench can), but it makes it just about who has strings and who doesn't

Also, it should be based on class. Classes like shaman, ench and necro will be at a huge advantage compared to a cleric or ranger.
Closed Thread