Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-29-2020, 02:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Help- MAC Having Trouble with file dsetup.dll

I'm trying to run the game on a Mac with Sierra. I've downloaded and installed the game. I've deleted all the files that need to be deleted and changed the mode to Windowed. The only problem I'm having is with one file from the updated P99 V53 folder, dsetup.dll.

When I have all the files except this one, it says my spell files are out of date.

When I do add this file, the app won't even open, it will just bounce twice on the taskbar then dissapear.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

dsetup.dll contains the anti-hack/cheat. It is often seen as malicious to antivirus programs that will block/move/quarantine this file. You may need to setup an exemption/exception for the EQ directory/files or disable the antivirus then launch P99
Old 04-30-2020, 11:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Solution dsetup.dll for Mac Users

Hi Boots,
I just used Wineskin on my Mac (OSX = HighSierra) to setup. I was encountering the same problem: if I omitted the new 'dsetup.dll' file, the Wineskin module would load, but at character selection it noted that I had the spells out of date.
So I made one simple change:
Right click your wineskin (the one you name to launch EQ) > Show Package Contents > open Wineskin > Advanced > Tools > Change Engine Used > use WS9Wine2.22 (originally I had as WS8WineCXG10.3.0 per advise on youtube video for Mac users).

Hope that helps. This is the forum link that inspired me to make this change:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=555

Best of luck Mac users.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The dsetup.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows-based games and advanced graphics programs, dsetup.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs. share it installvidmate.com