Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Default Wolf Form Faction Adjustments

Hi guys, today in guild chat a druid noted that the Drachnids in the Dreadlands weren't KoS to him anymore in wolf form. I myself know that sometimes a druid coming by to drop off superbuffs in Unrest will give a group wolf form, which makes everything passive. The druid in note didn't know the trick about Unrest, and commented that it would be really helpful to know what all those faction adjustments would be...

Do you guys know any other spots? I've never played a druid, but I hear every now and then that an Iksar can do faction quests (or just quests in general) by getting a shared wolf form cast on them, so evil races could benefit too. Thought this thread could be a basis for information, or just link to the wiki page itself:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Wolf_Form

And invite you all to add what you know! It's an easy format to follow, we don't have to make it too fancy. Maybe at one point we could link to the actual faction groups (denizens of unrest) and have a nice comprehensive list of what all wolf form changes.

Of course the werewolf illusion for Velketor's is more widely known, that would be a thing to add to the wiki as well.

Thanks for contributing!
Old 03-22-2020, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Great idea!

The wiki does have a https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction page, although really this sort of thing falls more under https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks.

But even that page only mentions that wolf form might help in some cases: it doesn't cover which cases. Adding those to the wolf form page is great ... but also keep in mind there are many different ways to get wolf form (I know Druids have at least three spells that do it, and possibly more, plus there might even be additional item effects that grant that illusion).

So, you may want to consider using "transclusion" (a fancy way of saying "use part of one wiki page on another" ... the equipment lists on the class pages work this way, for instance), or creating a new page for this info, or adding it to a common page (eg. faction tricks) and linking to that page from the wolf spell pages ... there's lots of different options.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. One extra option is that you could also add this info to the faction pages themselves, because a person looking to fix their faction may go to those pages to see how to do so, and a note on them saying "try Wolf form" could be helpful.

As is often the case, there are multiple ways people might go looking for this info, so my general advice would be to choose one place that you feel is the "correct" one, and then make other places link to it. How many others (eg. do you do the faction pages and the spell pages and the general "here's how faction works" pages like Faction Tricks)?

That just depends on how much time/energy you have [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:46 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I was already thinking of where else the faction info. might need to be duplicated. I'm just hoping to collect some data for now, and then spread it around once I get it!

Thanks for the tips / considerations loramin, always super helpful when it comes to wiki magic.