Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-25-2020, 07:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unhappy Ogre face model. I've been had.

At the end of this week, I'll be quarantined for two weeks. I decided to fire up my old p99 account on blue with a few characters in their 20's to pass the time. Got it installed and logged in yesterday. Today I downloaded a few texture improvements (Texturepatcher for transparent helmets eye of zomm, EQclassicHD, Highres 4X HD, improved moon/stars) I was logging in to my character parked in EC Tunnel periodically to check on improvements/make sure everything was running smoothly. It all looked amazing.

I was about to mess around on my rogue when my girlfriend asked me "is that monkey wearing glasses? Uhh.. that's an ogre, and... Yes he's wearing glasses. Wtf.

I'm guessing someone slipped that into one of the packs of files I downloaded and threw into my p99 folders, per instruction. Can someone tell me where I can find a collection of the correct ogre face models? I have the entire unaltered titanium install backed up elsewhere. If someone could point me to those, I'm assuming I could just copy/paste/replace them to be rid of this perfectly punchable face.

Sorry for the quality of that picture, I snapped it on my phone to show my brother who's thinking of playing with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200325_174920539.jpg (96.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That'll be Nizzar, a previous guild leader from Red. Some celebrated him, some reviled him. I bet someone is here soon to say "PTD."
Old 03-25-2020, 08:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

.. Oh my. I should've known it would be something like this. I'd enjoy reading about his exploits, once his face is wiped from my setup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2020, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

You would have gotten this from Casey, right?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Uhhh.. likely? I didn't have to look very hard at all to find any of these texture improvements, all found on the forums here.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Angry Dead end. Help?

Only thing I could find anywhere after searching every folder are global files that are clearly for race and gender. I replaced all four of the ones that would have been ogre (globalogf_chr.s3d, globalogf_chr2.s3d, globalogm_chr.s3d, globalogm_chr2.s3d) with the files from my backup and logged in. Went to character creation, that god awful face is still there. I'm beginning to lean towards hating this guy without knowing anything about why he was so well known.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Hahahahaha, that's hilarious dude.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was pretty excited when I saw someone replied..You have raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly sir! Bravo!

https://youtu.be/w6gzOcTNKwE
Old 03-27-2020, 12:57 AM
Aviak

everything you just said you have wouldnt of had those in them but I'll check my files. The character Global_chr.s3d from EQClassicHD or 4XHD in the wiki downloads are all fine. I just reviewed both Global_chr.s3d is what overwrites this.

Plus if you use both ClassicHD alongside 4X HD you dont need transparency patch.

Just reviewed those files and neither have them in them on the wiki. so where ever you got this is wasn't on the 2downloads
Last edited by Quylein; 03-27-2020 at 01:08 AM..
Old 03-27-2020, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

You're welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgiRJ20HTGc