Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-27-2020, 07:27 PM
Orc

Red face Gamma issue

I spoke too soon; as soon as night fell, I couldn't see anything. Gamma in eqclient.ini resets itself to 20 upon login. Tried the Set Screen options in Wineskin and that's a no go either. The screen lightens to show what it will do, but it doesn't actually change when EQ loads at all.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 03-28-2020, 07:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I tried following these instructions and got pretty far. I can get onto the server, but my spell files are out of date. I used the latest files to update the older ones, but one particular file is making it so that the game can't even luanch. It is the "dsetup.dll" file. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had a previous version in wrapper that worked great. I updated to v53 and now can't get the program to launch. I even did a fresh install of the game files in a new wrapper and haven't gotten anywhere. Has anyone else had this issue and what helped? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

To everyone struggling, this was the only guide that worked for me on Mojave with the latest patch:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=555
Old 04-01-2020, 02:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To everyone struggling, this was the only guide that worked for me on Mojave with the latest patch:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=555
Yup, I followed this advice a while back (high sierra) when my wrapper died. Now I'm just using the latest wrapper and wineskin and everything works great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Most graphics not loading

I finally got my macbook pro (retina, mid 2012, mojave 10.14.2) to run the game, after MANY tinkering attempts with wineskin.
EULA and log in screens look normal, but when I get to character selection and loading the actual game zone, most of the graphics don't load. Characters seem to be fine, and the odd tree or door, but nothing more. Just basic background colour etc. Screen shot is taken INSIDE an inn! Any advice, please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 20.16.14.jpg (21.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebalancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I finally got my macbook pro (retina, mid 2012, mojave 10.14.2) to run the game, after MANY tinkering attempts with wineskin.
EULA and log in screens look normal, but when I get to character selection and loading the actual game zone, most of the graphics don't load. Characters seem to be fine, and the odd tree or door, but nothing more. Just basic background colour etc. Screen shot is taken INSIDE an inn! Any advice, please?
Damn man.....
Old 04-02-2020, 10:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebalancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
these are from a few posts back as a possible fix for a similar problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i meticulously copied the contents of v52 subfolders to the subfolders within the wineskin wrapper one folder at a time

only then did this finally work via macOS Mojave 10.16 supplemental 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bporter721 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been able to log in, but all I see is the sky/rain, and no floor/walls - they are all grey. Anyone have a fix for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaci [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you need to install updates file by file. if you try to update by cnp entire directories they will overwrite, not just replace the new files. You are now missing files. re-install old titanium, then add the update at the file by file level, not at the directory level.
Last edited by pizzasuit; 04-02-2020 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: more information
Old 04-03-2020, 12:07 AM
Aviak

Nice spot! I know the got me once or twice. That issue also stopped a mate of mine from playing. He just couldn't understand what was happening. I think I'll make a guide about this soon... with pictures. It's a real issue!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you pizzasuit! I had a feeling it had to be missing files, that's certainly what it looks like, but was sure i went into the directories and pasted only the files, not the folders. Must've made a mistake along the way. Hopefully if i make a duplicate wrapper the setting that work will remain and I can reinstall the game without the extra tweaking again.