Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Default Emissary of Thule seems like it should have triple attack

Hey guys, I believe that EoT currently only has double attack. Yet I've seen a few sources on the forums and on archive.org saying it should have triple attack.

http://web.archive.org/web/200009031...o.com/pets.asp

http://web.archive.org/web/200104091...s.com/pets.asp

Quote:
Emissary of Thule Level Range ? - 50 (SPECTRE)
(Level 59) HP Range 2400-2800
Max. Damage 61, Bash 40, Kick 40, Dual Wield (auto), Triple Attack, Procs a minor drain life spell (?)
New Abilities Peridot Required to cast spell
Edit: Looks like it should also be immune to fear:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-2.html

Quote:
September 11, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

- The Emissary of Thule Necromancer pet is now immune to fear
Last edited by tranceminus; 11-26-2018 at 03:21 PM..
Old 11-26-2018, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Telin already has EoT to be fear immune in next patch.

You look to have edited some of the data in the quote as they listed Double Attack in there and Triple Attack in the same sentence, which is weird. Could either be typo or perhaps mean they cannot quad (no double attack in offhand).

On previous pet they list 'Minions of Shadow' as Triple attacking (but not when dual wielding).

So perhaps it was something like that, or the source is just suspect (there are a ton of question marks listed in there, which tells me they did a lot of guessing and not hard testing).

You most likely need multiple sources to corroborate a change.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telin already has EoT to be fear immune in next patch.

You look to have edited some of the data in the quote as they listed Double Attack in there and Triple Attack in the same sentence, which is weird. Could either be typo or perhaps mean they cannot quad (no double attack in offhand).
Hmm? Just to be clear I didn't edit the data, that's a copy paste from the eqnecro.com listing. Looks like the format was a little different between the two archive.org links.

Let me see if I can find more sources for triple attack.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
61, Double Attack (random), Bash 40, Kick 40, Dual Wield (auto), Triple Attack, Procs a minor drain life spell (?)
This is what i saw on your link, the double attack mention isn't included in the quote you posted.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what i saw on your link, the double attack mention isn't included in the quote you posted.
I included two links regarding triple attack, I think you're just checking one of them, this is the one that includes my copy paste - http://web.archive.org/web/200009031...o.com/pets.asp
Old 11-27-2018, 02:55 PM
Aviak

This is my first time trying to do research for P99, it's hard! Major props to all of you for putting in so much work.

This is the only other page I've been able to find so far that lists triple attack:

http://hidenari.fc2web.com/nec/nec_spell_bank_1.htm

Quote:
Emissary of Thule
(Drop Spell) 0 650 Con 16.0 0.0 - Summon Spectre Pet (ドロップスペル)
ペットのスペクターを召還します。触媒にBoneChipをふたつとPeridotを消費。
Warrior Type Lv46前後。MAX 61dmg (Triple Attack/DualWield) Kick 40dmg Bash 40dmg + Lifetap
SpectreペットはFearに完全耐性があります。
NPC Drop : Knark
Old 11-28-2018, 03:46 PM
Banned

This thing was fear immune but didn't attack 5 times in a round

The monk pet with encyclopedia was used over the spec in the necro botb fights I watched.

If you can still find Zyrino aka Thrilla around red etc, he is the necromaster and can tell you. Not that anyone listened to him in the necro heal recourse dispel thread but he's got the answers.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thing was fear immune but didn't attack 5 times in a round

The monk pet with encyclopedia was used over the spec in the necro botb fights I watched.

If you can still find Zyrino aka Thrilla around red etc, he is the necromaster and can tell you. Not that anyone listened to him in the necro heal recourse dispel thread but he's got the answers.
yea i forget the arguement on the recourse.. was whether you could dispel it or not..

i don't remember exactly on the pet.. BUT.. i do know that on live BOTB nobody used the spec, made no sense. Monk did more dps and it had close to equal HP w/ the inny book. if specs got triple attack it was way later and not during that kunark/vel timeline, but its also been over 20 years and I could be wrong. I just remember loving to watch the spam on the monk pet and not seeing that on the spec.
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Closed Thread