Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Aviak

ITT everyone knocking on Lguk frog charming needs to learn how to charm. I start there at level 42 on my necro.

Rest the dead, hungry earth, screaming terror, feign death, harmshield, root, lifetap, diamondskin...need I go on? You have sooooo many ways to stay alive. The only feasible scenario you should ever die in is if you get a crit lull resist followed by FD fail -> harmshield -> FD fail. While this will happen, it is statistically low enough that it can be considered an outlier.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT everyone knocking on Lguk frog charming needs to learn how to charm. I start there at level 42 on my necro.

Rest the dead, hungry earth, screaming terror, feign death, harmshield, root, lifetap, diamondskin...need I go on? You have sooooo many ways to stay alive. The only feasible scenario you should ever die in is if you get a crit lull resist followed by FD fail -> harmshield -> FD fail. While this will happen, it is statistically low enough that it can be considered an outlier.
I am 43 and have been trying, so far it's definitely a pain. Where in the zone did you start? Staying alive isn't necessarily hard but charm breaks are more prevelent than in other areas and the real issue is the wizard mobs. They dispel your pet, which is easy enough to stop with screaming terror but if there is a break during a wizard, it can be quite annoying to deal with. I am not really having trouble with the process, more of the environment. Small corridors and alot of patrolling mobs. Rest the dead crit resists are quite common, I am sure as I level though it will get way easier. I started in safe hall and went towards cav/sage/exe, worked but had alot of breaks and alot of annoying occurrences. I am sure most of it is due to level. The zol's also hit like a mack truck at 43.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just send your pet in, once goblin gets to 90% hit it with your highest level lifetap, then once it gets to 60% hit it with ignite bones. That will drop it to <20%, you will do over 51% damage, it will flee and your pet will quickly finish it off.

Once I had practiced it a bit I was able to keep 8 goblins down, basically finishing off the last one within a minute of the first one respawning, so it was nonstop killing. I'd recommend the 4 down by the entrance (because they're easy single pulls), then the 4 that spawn at the two towers directly above the entrance.
This method is so efficient it is absurd. I went at 44 and tried your Lifetap + Ignite Bones method on the top spawns which have to be root broken (or fear broken) and it got messy sometimes with early root breaks or just bad luck on resists..... I actually didn't see your post about the 4 entrance mobs, but once I discovered them, I do exactly what you are saying..... I can keep 6 down for sure, sometimes I sneak a 7th and 8 sometimes depending on mana (fizzles/resists all add up when you are literally almost never sitting)

My only change is that when I don't need the HP instead of 189mana Lifetap for 226 dmg, I use the 130mana Torgar's Poison nuke for 220 dmg instead just to save the 69 mana.... cuz sometimes I am 10% mana or so when the 8th mob goes down.

I can't imagine Lguk charming being faster at least not until I gain a few levels and resists are lessened and I really get into a groove, but the risk is so much higher either way. I'd be curious and might try when I get sick of goblins but it's hard to beat 8% XP every 13 minutes.... 45 is hell level but I am going to get 4% every 13 mins. Not bad at all for hell.

Thanks again for posting this, phenomenal method and so much better than fear kiting.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless of course the Wiki values are wrong which is what I've always gone by.
The wiki values are wrong.

What's in the wiki are the standard EQ Emulator values. I'm not sure if they're even based on the classic era or not, but either way the devs here didn't want people to know the official ZEM values, because people in live didn't know. So, they've changed some amount of the ZEMs from the EQ Emulator amount to a different amount.

No one knows what they changed, or even how many zones, and researching it is a giant PITA. So the wiki just shows the ZEMs it shows as a "best guess", knowing they're not 100% (or probably even 80%) accurate.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks again for posting this, phenomenal method and so much better than fear kiting.
Happy to hear it’s working out so well for you!
Closed Thread