Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Actually this happened maybe a month ago? I was in Kael recently trying to get faction. I just wanted to tag mobs with my flux staff that another group was fighting since I had never been in the zone at that point. A large raid I thought was following a twitch guy was going into this area they call "PH". On the way in someone invited me into a group saying anyone else need invite? So I accepted and went in and helped kill stuff in there. People were rolling on random crap that I didn't know what it was for, but a cool spear dropped that I could use on a shaman so I rolled on it, then got a ton of tells asking who I was and what I was doing there. I had no clue what the rules were for rolling on stuff since I had never been in any groups yet besides one in highkeep. Anyway they said this is a guild event, and I looked around and saw that everyone had a tag from a guild, and somehow someone accidentally invited me into it but nobody noticed until I rolled on something ;p So I didn't notice that I was in a raid that a guild was doing. I guess its also mole on them for not noticing me either? ;P
Old 12-26-2018, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

Back in live my brother gave me a fungi to twink out my monk. We were going away for a long weekend and I figured I would put it about 20% higher than normal selling price in the Bazaar to see if anyone would be impatient and buy it. Ended up forgetting a 0 on the price and sold the thing for 10,000 plat. Tried to reason with the guy that bought it but he wouldn’t budge. Never logged in again.

One from p99 was to give a guildy a tranquil Staff that I had won while leveling my first character on the server. Guy said he would farm the plat in about a week or so and he had great raid attendance so I figured it would be no big deal. I never saw him log in again and he never responded to any of my PMs. That really set me back gear and spell wise.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Tracked 16 hour variance mobs (never again)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Deleted my Chestplate of Vindication thinking it was the old breastplate that I wouldn't be needing anymore.

Thankfully had it restored <3
Old 12-26-2018, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bought an Edge of the Nightwalker
This made me lol. I spent 20k on two pairs of iksar hide boots back in early kunark.

But the dumbest thing I have ever done was drop an Amulet of Necropotanceon the ground in sky and it rotted. I realized after the raid when running from EFP, used it for the faction boost. Took a few months but it was reimbursed. #ThankyouSirken
Old 12-26-2018, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

I started playing Everquest
Old 12-26-2018, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

Made a wizard after velious release
Old 12-27-2018, 01:47 AM
Aviak

When I was 13, playing back in classic on live EQ, I got into hacking towards the end of my original EQ career. I heard rumors that there was a /buff hack that would allow you to use the GM command to set the level of a character. So I told my in-game buddy about this hack, and we agreed to sell all our gear, buy a fungi, and offer that for the hack. I then spent a few days on some EQ hacking forums advertising that I wanted to make the trade.

Some guy hit me up, he was a pro, although admittedly I was a fucking moron. He said "we do this my way or no way". My idiot brain immediately thought "damn okay i really want this better just go along with whatever he wants". Then told me he'd make a level 1 char, and I'd trade him the fungi, and then he'd give me the hack after.

Predictably, I traded him the fungi, and never heard from him again.

I quit soon afterwards.

Then a few months later my next door neighbor told me that he hit up that in game buddy, pretending to be me, got his account info, and stripped his account.

To this day I wonder whether or not that guy thinks I'm the biggest asshole in the world and that I screwed him twice. If you're still out there Bobby, I'm sorry man.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:04 AM
Orc

Only three things really come to mind, all of which were minor setbacks but not game changing.

1) I sold my Crystal Chitin Armplates to a vendor by going WAY too fast. I clicked through a bag onto my equipped arm slot and hit sell. I realized I was doing it right as I clicked. Couldn't get it back from the vendor after sinking in about 500pp (I sold it to a widely used one), so I just ate it.

2) Drop transferred about 2k worth of gems/items and they were gone when I came back. Not sure if someone took them or they rotted.

3) Never trained forage on my druid and got to 60 with all my skill points spent. To this day I am unable to attain it.

Thankfully, I've never had anything else lost on a drop transfer or on one with someone doing it for me. I've probably been lucky but I also haven't attempted with anything more expensive than a fungi (and commonly, the items aren't even near that value).
Old 12-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Went afk in front of Kaesora and did not FD.

Was also bound there.

Came back to a pile of corpses and a 38 monk instead of a 41 monk. I still kill that fuckin skelly mob whenever i'm in FoB just out of spite.
Closed Thread