Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really shouldn't have said something this stupid. Even the biggest noob in the world knows that's bullshit. Aggro checks don't take anywhere near 6 seconds.

And I note you've changed your story once I debunked it. You said it would be impossible because people running out of AoE range, but now you claim that mobs spawn back there. Even if we accept you new claim it wouldn't change the fact that a warning and correct avoidance could of prevented potential aggro.

Keep making yourself look dumb.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really shouldn't have said something this stupid. Even the biggest noob in the world knows that's bullshit. Aggro checks don't take anywhere near 6 seconds.

And I note you've changed your story once I debunked it. You said it would be impossible because people running out of AoE range, but now you claim that mobs spawn back there. Even if we accept you new claim it wouldn't change the fact that a warning and correct avoidance could of prevented potential aggro.
Just to respond on an unaggroed mob initial aggro is based on the server tick. Social aggro once aggroed is what checks. The more you know. Glad I could teach you.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

From the P99 wiki regarding aggro on server ticks. It spells it out for you.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ticks_(Explained)

Initial aggro occurrence of Kill on Sight NPCs (but not social aggro). This is aligned to the aggroing player's ticks, not the aggressive NPC.

Tell us more about your vast knowledge please.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Initial aggro occurrence of Kill on Sight NPCs (but not social aggro). This is aligned to the aggroing player's ticks, not the aggressive NPC.

That wiki is full of shit that's wrong. Open any door that has aggro mobs behind it and see if you ever open it and take 5-6 seconds to get aggro. Blow smoke up someone else's ass.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That wiki is full of shit that's wrong. Open any door that has aggro mobs behind it and see if you ever open it and take 5-6 seconds to get aggro. Blow smoke up someone else's ass.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:32 AM
Banned

Ticks exist because DOTs exist. DMN is a huge moron.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ticks exist because DOTs exist. DMN is a huge moron.
Ticks exist to save on server load/bandwidth, dipshit. Get back to OT where you can better pretend to know what you are talking about.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:37 AM
Banned

ticks were meant to be like, rounds? from D&D? i forget if a round or a turn is longer, it's the shorter one. so dot ticks are like equivalent to how much melee damage you can do in that time period, if everything was perfectly equal among the classes.

*barks*
Old 05-18-2019, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ticks were meant to be like, rounds? from D&D? i forget if a round or a turn is longer, it's the shorter one. so dot ticks are like equivalent to how much melee damage you can do in that time period, if everything was perfectly equal among the classes.

*barks*

No, I just told you why it was done. Are you illustrate on top of being stupid?
Old 05-18-2019, 01:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread