Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Default [Necro] Leveling after Kaesora? (42)

Hi all.
Returning necro again -- I have been charming in Kaesora from 34 to 42. took a long break but now back for the XP weekend and maybe getting back into the game a bit. Things down by the church are greening out (maybe 30-40% greens) which is probably fine for now but will need a new spot soon. (note: not doing the Xalgoz room himself, usually its perma camped by a high level)

Should I go back to outdoor stuff? I love to tackle the highest ZEM that I can find and Kaesora was it for awhile. Am I too low for COM? It seems overly populated either way. Anybody have a good charming spot between 42 and 50? Specs are always camped or I would try those.

I'd even fear kite or root rot again if I had a good ZEM location or spot with low hp mobs so it would go fast. Maybe its best to stick the greens out until 44 down here and then move to something with new spells like Lower guk or something.

Thanks !
Old 11-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Orc

Lower guk can be dangerous solo. But there are plenty of undead charm targets for you.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Kedge Keep? (dont forget to bind)
Old 11-25-2018, 04:44 AM
Aviak

I'd say stick it out in Kaesora until 44, then the fastest exp you'll find is soloing blood gills in LOIO. They have really low hp for their level, about as much as spectres, but they're a few levels higher than specs. Make sure you have DMF.

For the first few levels I feared kited them, then this necro showed me an infinitely faster and simpler strategy, that used the same amount of mana I was using per fear kite, while eliminating any worry of a feared goblin pathing into another.

Just send your pet in, once goblin gets to 90% hit it with your highest level lifetap, then once it gets to 60% hit it with ignite bones. That will drop it to <20%, you will do over 51% damage, it will flee and your pet will quickly finish it off.

Once I had practiced it a bit I was able to keep 8 goblins down, basically finishing off the last one within a minute of the first one respawning, so it was nonstop killing. I'd recommend the 4 down by the entrance (because they're easy single pulls), then the 4 that spawn at the two towers directly above the entrance.

I tried COM a few times around this level, and the exp was far worse in groups, and charm killing was much more risky while producing about the same exp if everything went perfectly (which it usually didn't).
Last edited by tranceminus; 11-25-2018 at 04:47 AM..
Old 11-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks, I will try that at 44. Appreciate the detail.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then the fastest exp you'll find is soloing blood gills in LOIO.
100% wrong. Fastest exp is going to be undead charming frogs in Lguk. You cannot beat charm dungeon ZEM exp. Is it way harder than LOIO? Yes, but better exp.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% wrong. Fastest exp is going to be undead charming frogs in Lguk. You cannot beat charm dungeon ZEM exp. Is it way harder than LOIO? Yes, but better exp.
I actually tried it last night. At 43 I seem too low even. I killed a few but there was a lot of resists, especially on rest the dead which just ends up getting annoying.

I would assume once it's do able with no interruptions the XP is good. But referencing ZEM the fact is as a comparison to Kaesora for example Guk's ZEM is only ~7% where Kaesora's is 47% so Guk ZEM isn't really like other dungeons. Upper guk on the other hand is bomb XP.

Unless of course the Wiki values are wrong which is what I've always gone by.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, while it might be true that in theory you could get better exp charming in a higher ZEM dungeon if everything went perfectly, in practice the much higher risk, difficulty and variance of charm breaks, lull resists, and the shenanigans that occur when fighting multiple mobs at the same time will make your average exp per hour roughly equal to or less than what you'd get at a rock solid simple camp like blood gills. At least in the 40s, especially before you get Paralyzing Earth.

54+ there is nothing that competes with charming in HS, but then again there's no equivalent to a dead simple blood gills camp at that level either.

Btw, to wrap up the leveling suggestions: once you hit 49 off blood gills (or whatever else you decide to do) I'd hit HHK nobles/bards til 51 then once you get splurt, do felwithe guards til 54 and get rich. Nobles/bards will be better exp til 54, but the guards drop a minimum of 20p each, so you'll make about 5-7k per level or so. Once you hit 54, the real fun starts in HS.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Exe/Sage/Cav. Did that from 41 to 45, where I am currently. Its a LOT of fun, and sure once in a while you will get a few things going wrong and will need a res, but its Guk, dying in Guk is a right of passage and clerics cruise through there a bunch anyhow.

If you like adventure do that. If you want safe exp and aren't concerned about the journey then play outside like others are suggesting.

Charm Wans, avoid Zols unless you have to charm them. Yes you will get resists on RTD but its a 3 min pacy so keep going till you have it all down.

Keep gate memmed for the rare times you get a failed FD or when 2 wizards are tag teaming you.

Charming on a necro is almost like cheating compared to an enc.

Get in there rocky!

edit: once you get things down you will -maybe- die like once a level. Get your strats down, that's half the fun imo.
Last edited by Check12345; 11-26-2018 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: stuff
Old 11-26-2018, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exe/Sage/Cav. Did that from 41 to 45, where I am currently. Its a LOT of fun, and sure once in a while you will get a few things going wrong and will need a res, but its Guk, dying in Guk is a right of passage and clerics cruise through there a bunch anyhow.

If you like adventure do that. If you want safe exp and aren't concerned about the journey then play outside like others are suggesting.

Charm Wans, avoid Zols unless you have to charm them. Yes you will get resists on RTD but its a 3 min pacy so keep going till you have it all down.

Keep gate memmed for the rare times you get a failed FD or when 2 wizards are tag teaming you.

Charming on a necro is almost like cheating compared to an enc.

Get in there rocky!

edit: once you get things down you will -maybe- die like once a level. Get your strats down, that's half the fun imo.
Thanks. Maybe I will go back and try again.
Closed Thread