Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 04:26 PM
Orc

Default What are the "rules" for camps that can contain multiple spawn locations/placeholders

I try to respect people's camps, because I've seen how shitty some people can be when they don't, and it's very irritating. Standard camps make sense and I think it's just takes basic common courtesy to not be an asshat and everyone will be happy. But what about camps such as the Hunter/Forager cycle in TT? Or Quillmane? Camps with placeholders and multiple potential spawn points.

Can someone claim the "Quillmane camp" while all of their placeholders remain off limits regardless of where they spawn? Can someone do the same with the cycle in TT? Or is it more of a first to engage type of ordeal in situations like this?
Old 05-24-2019, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

TT cycles have always been FTE

Quillmane is weird because previously it's depended on which GM you end up talking to (like a lot of things...), but the most common response has been: if you have people at all 3 spawn locations, with a 4th killing PHs, then you can claim it as "camped." if you're soloing it, it becomes FTE. makes very little sense logically, but there it is.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:30 PM
Banned

defining "camped" as maintaining a presence at all spawn points and clearing all pops makes logical sense to me
Old 05-24-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone who takes someone else's Quillmane is a shitbird.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2019, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if I’m running through the zone and see him? Do I ask the zone “hey who’s quillmane is this?” And get bullshit replies?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
defining "camped" as maintaining a presence at all spawn points and clearing all pops makes logical sense to me
This works for me, but I prefer a single spawn being able to be camped so long as someone wants to sit on it and is able to clear it.

I feel on a server this old with a population this big and a timeline that lasts literally as long as you want it to it seems... that if someone wants to take the JBB if I am camping the Hero then so be it, they should have that right.

This is just a stupid hobby and none of it matters.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Not to mention if you ooc quillmane up and someone says theyre camping him, you can't really be sure they're camping him...
Old 05-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention if you ooc quillmane up and someone says theyre camping him, you can't really be sure they're camping him...
Ive done qm solo more than a few times and if you do that, and dont expect at least a few of them to be sniped, and you didn't schedule at least 8 hours today to farm your cloak, well then that's on you.

Again you have the rest of your life, chill. Enjoy the blue sky and bark shields.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

I was running through SK on my level 30 necro to hunt some gnome outside splitspaw when I saw this cool looking flying bird. I had no idea what it was it conned even to me so I decided to try to kill it. Was a tough fight and I ended it with 0 mana and not much more health. Dropped the cloak. Farming specters at level 40 some other necro seemed surprised I had lev before I was DMf level. Ended up MQing to a mage and funded my pre nerf CoS.
Closed Thread