Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 12:01 AM
Large Rat

Default Crashing everytime I try to create a Gnome Shadow Knight

Hey, not sure why, but each time I attempt to make a Gnome SK I get disconnected after the final step. Does anyone know a fix to this, or is this a known bug for P99 atm? Looking for any feedback or solution pls!
Old 06-06-2019, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

Gnome SK/Paladin are not available on this server as they were added to the game later than our timeline goes
Old 06-06-2019, 02:54 AM
Large Rat

Then it needs to be blocked as the other non available race/class combos instead of allowing you to select stats/choose char name etc if this is the case.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Berserker/beastlord/froglok/vah shir have a client side mechanic to be locked out, as they required specific expansions to use and p1999 can fake that trigger.

Gnome sk/ paladin and halfling ranger/paladin were straight added sometime after luclin with no such limitations. This means they are out of period for us, but there is no built in mechanic to exclude the , so instead they are excluded with a clunkier hack.

Sorry you didn't get shadow gnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I very much desire a halfling ranger myself!
Old 06-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

did you just demand something from a free game? fucking deal with it, its literally a non-issue
Old 06-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyftwynd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then it needs to be blocked as the other non available race/class combos instead of allowing you to select stats/choose char name etc if this is the case.
Easy little guy.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyftwynd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, the original intro and tutorial should be there to as well as the classic character select screen. Problem is they had to use the Titanium client to get all of this working.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

For those that truly care about this, former GM Secrets was working on making the Trilogy client viable for P99 awhile back.

I don't know if he still is or not, and even if he is he likely has a lot of work ahead of him ... but at least you can take some small hope from the fact that someone is (or at least was) trying to address these Titanium client issues.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Do yourself a favor and ragequit now
Old 06-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

OP, do *not* allow these trolls to dissuade you from pursuing elflife as a gnome SK. What you are experiencing is not normal. I would suggest you reinstall and take special care to follow the setup steps outlined in the "Getting Started" section of this website.

If you continue to experience problems, it may be a conflict with your machine. This is older software we are working with, so anything could be amiss. A complete reformat may be in order.

Good luck!

*saunters off*
Closed Thread