Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Bonus XP For Server return?
50% for 1 Week 25 47.17%
50% for just the Weekend 2 3.77%
25% For 1 Week 1 1.89%
25% For jus the Weekend 1 1.89%
No Bonus XP 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Bonus XP

I assume that the Bonus XP is for two reasons. 1) Devs are concerned about the community coming back 2) Devs feel bad about the server being down.

To address both: 1) The community will come back, devs shouldn't be concerned about that. Server was expanding not contracting prior to the it going down. 2) Players aren't angry, they just miss the game. So I'd imagine a huge bump on the first day back.

This is the type of stuff that SOE would pull. If we want to stay away from things that ruined Original EQ, we should stay away from a bonus xp week. We all wanted a classic server, now lets stick with it.

Sorry for the rant, but this is what I hated about SOE.

To add: The poll above shows that the small population of the server that voted is split. Mind you it's a small sample. That's hardly a mandate to change something.
Last edited by Beor; 04-13-2010 at 11:56 AM..
Old 04-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voting FOR bonus xp chops at least an inch off your epeen.

Just making you all aware of the risks.
Might be nice exp for a week, but imagine how slow it'll comparatively seem afterwards... I had a solb group before the ddos attacks and the exp absolutely flew by. Grouping elsewhere seems comparatively slow now. i imagine it'll be similar with this double exp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You don't miss what you never had.

I enchant things...
Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Talked about this internally, since its split between no bonus and 50% 1 week, we're going to just do 25% for 1 Week. That is the final decision.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Aviak

can we close the plethora of threads discussing it then? that would be great!

and for the record, i was happy with whatever decision, just glad the server is back up and thank you all for the work you've done!
Last edited by Mordachai; 04-13-2010 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: no reason needed
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

I think it was and is a very kind gesture. I am definitely taking advantage of it.
The majority of people opposed are raiders. I imagine.
If you woulda said 50% xp week and triple the spawn time of raid targets. You would of had 90%++ for it.

Thank you Rogean!!! YOU ROCK! All this work on the server and Transporting it.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordachai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can we close the plethora of threads discussing it then? that would be great!
Sigh don't ruin good drama : (

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich
The majority of people opposed are raiders. I imagine.
I didn't see too many raiders complaining about it. Mostly lots of the same kind of people who think that tedium = challenge and constantly pat themselves on the back with one hand while stroking their epeen with the other. Either way, I am glad it happened so I had lots of posts to troll while trying to stay awake for work shit lol.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

I would be happy with just the server... you had me at hello.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Aviak

I think the 25% for a week thing is a good compromise considering how split people were on this. I would have preferred none, but it is more than reasonable to split the difference.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talked about this internally, since its split between no bonus and 50% 1 week, we're going to just do 25% for 1 Week. That is the final decision.
That is great. To everyone who voted no, it's not about keeping it classic as much as it is celebrating the return. Even EQlive had special events through the years for different things.

I think everyone will enjoy it regardless though. I have two 50s already so it doesn't affect me (although I will roll a new alt in honor of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Old 04-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Bonus exp takes away from the classic mantra this server lives by, and it gives incentive for the hacker to try and take down the server again because it means he caused a somewhat big change to the server by taking it down.
Closed Thread