Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Banned

I had sex last night. I also skipped this thread. I am now opening it... I dissaprove , most ya'll need to get laid , dayum
Old 09-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Aviak

Oops, guess i'm a bit addicted to reddit
Old 09-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

I know for a fact 26+ pulls where made back in the days and also big ass bard kites, and big aoe'ing.
If they really just wanted to nerf Chardok AoE with this patch it was a poor one as it ruined alot of other aspects in the game we are free to enjoy no more.
The game is best when its policed at a minimum, like a true sandbox world.

I dont see a problem with bard kiting, its a nice classic feature. The groups suffering from this can just move to one of the many untouched dungeons and get much better loot and exp. Or better, stay and harrass the bard untill he zones or dies.

No problem with mass AoE down mobs for faction, power level and more, this game is made very open to freely play as you enjoy in many different ways. New mobs will always spawn. Why this urge to /petition?

The only problem I could fathom with Chardok was that it was a bigtyme RMT business, but I didnt mind that either, why the heck should I care what other people do with their lives? And so what if the server is flooded with 60s, its really not that big of a deal.

Imposing new restricions within the game we love because its such an anarchich world, where we can come and enjoy ourselves free from the boundries of the states system/customs/world views or whatever wherever we are sux tho, thats my opinion.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can u please prove this was not a female ogre warrior that was given human illusion by a gm
Me ? no. But maybe [magelo](http://eq.magelo.com/profile/324107) can.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem is there are idiot cunt bards ruining zones and a shortage of people with the proper security clearance to act as volunteer staff to police said bards. No point getting butthurt about the bottom line requirements that keep the server going and stable, so I totally get putting in some systemic nerfs.

Just wish they were a little more specific!
This only happens in outside zones and once a blue moon inside something like KC. As I said outside theres always a bunch of other places to go and get exp, or you can pester the bard, or come back the next day, or a bunch of other options. Inside KC this rarely happens so its really not a problem at all, I say its a fun event when it actually does. And there are idiots playing all classes, not just bards.

Im not butthurt, nor did I read this thread, but I read the patch notes.
Ive never done chardok aoe, not even any regular aoe, I play melee chars. Not the bard kite either, but thats one thing I might wanna do some day.
I just dont get bothered at all by how other choose to play this game, or for that matter live their life, its your choice mate. Rules and more rules upon the inhabitants of the game/world makes me tired tho.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh you had me going to my old eq screenshot archive, and while it's not a definive proof...

[Ha i was there during the green mist on live](http://i.imgur.com/Us28RoQ.png)

[Remember him ?](http://imgur.com/a/l9Cq1), the second one shows that i was on a RTC connexion at this time (and with Velious UI). I'm wondering if devs made it to the point of replicating classic bugs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And from the very same screenshot archive [we have a playable human](http://i.imgur.com/2e39Rs5.png), yeepee ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how dark things are.

I'm kind of sad that we don't have to deal with things like lack of night vision and so forth. I feel like it would really add ambiance and stuff. Often the 'look and feel' is as important as correct content.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know for a fact 26+ pulls where made back in the days and also big ass bard kites, and big aoe'ing.
If they really just wanted to nerf Chardok AoE with this patch it was a poor one as it ruined alot of other aspects in the game we are free to enjoy no more.
The game is best when its policed at a minimum, like a true sandbox world.

I dont see a problem with bard kiting, its a nice classic feature. The groups suffering from this can just move to one of the many untouched dungeons and get much better loot and exp. Or better, stay and harrass the bard untill he zones or dies.

No problem with mass AoE down mobs for faction, power level and more, this game is made very open to freely play as you enjoy in many different ways. New mobs will always spawn. Why this urge to /petition?

The only problem I could fathom with Chardok was that it was a bigtyme RMT business, but I didnt mind that either, why the heck should I care what other people do with their lives? And so what if the server is flooded with 60s, its really not that big of a deal.

Imposing new restricions within the game we love because its such an anarchich world, where we can come and enjoy ourselves free from the boundries of the states system/customs/world views or whatever wherever we are sux tho, thats my opinion.
All your thoughts are great if people didn't abuse everything. Unfortunately, that's 99% of what happens at this point. In fairness, I don't know what else the people with 6-8 geared 60s are supposed to do.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had sex last night. I also skipped this thread. I am now opening it... I dissaprove , most ya'll need to get laid , dayum
Was he hot? On a scale of 1 to 10 what would you say?
Old 09-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Kobold

When coming in from the rear i usually wear my train conductors hat.
Closed Thread